Chapter 2 - New Students

Cassidy's P.O.V.

     "Cassidy," said Keith. I broke my eyes away from watching the pack house, to look at Keith.

     "What?" I asked.

     "We need to go back to the house, May says that we have a visitor, another Protector, from Idaho. He was transferred here," he said. I nodded my head, I grabbed Keith's hand. In a blink of an eye, we were at our house. May and the visitor were waiting for us on the front steps. The visitor looked awfully familiar. My eyes widened when I realized who it was.

     "Cassidy," said my cousin, disbelief clear as day in his tone. I ran up to him and hugged him tight. I haven't seen him since I ran away. God...I miss him like crazy.

     "Lucas," I sobbed. He continued to hold me while rubbing my back, he, too, was crying.

     "Shit, do you realize what this means?" he asked. I pulled away from him with a questioning look.

     "You never died! You're fucking alive!" he exclaimed.

     "How did you find me?" I asked. He sighed and looked at the trees.

     "It took me seven years to figure out that you probably became a Protector and followed in your mum's footsteps. It took me one year to find you. When I became a Protector, you were the big news. I didn't know it was you until my friend mentioned your name. I finally found you. I knew you weren't dead. After four years past since you ran away, everyone gave up. You're impossible to track down, you know that?" he asked. I smiled. Lucas was also half human and half werewolf. My aunt was the werewolf whilst my uncle was human.

     "Look, I came here to warn you. There are some rogues that are undercover who are coming from Idaho to try and to kill Saxon," said Lucas. I stiffened. That means we'll have to be looking out for Saxon. Karma finally bits me in the ass.

     "Uh...Lucas...Saxon is..." trailed off Keith. Keith and May knew Saxon was my mate, they also knew why I couldn't be around him.

     "Saxon is what?" asked Lucas.

     "My mate," I whispered. I knew he heard it loud and clear because his eyes widened. Lucas knew why I never wanted my mate. He was the one who I told everything too when my mum died, therefore letting my father rot in his pain. He knew that if I found my mate, then it'll come with a lot of trouble.

     "Look, I know your afraid of losing him, but, Cassidy, your invincible. Your mum and dad's history will never happen to you," said Lucas. I knew I needed to put my mum and dad's history in the past and look at the main object of this, rogues are trying to kill the future Alpha. I needed to do my job. Something that I love doing. I sighed.

      "Fine, but Lucas, May, and Keith, your going to be enrolled in school so you can protect him. I'll stay in the shadows outside the school and patrol," I said.

     "At-lease it's a step forward..." mumbled my cousin. I smirked. Loop-holes are always the best.

     "Uh, uh. Hell no! I'm not going to school!" exclaimed May.

     "Cassidy, you know I hate pricks and sluts! I can't control my anger around them! Please, let me patrol with you, whilst these two are in school," said May, pointing at Keith and Lucas. I sighed.

     "Fine," I said. May beamed with happiness, whilst Lucas and Keith's mouth dropped open.

     "You are too nice around us, Cassidy," mumbled Keith. I shot him a 'drop-dead' look while he just smirked at me.