Chapter 23 - Battle Of The Werewolves Part Four

Keith's P.O.V.

    As I sat down on my bed, I noticed I had sat on something. I stood up slightly and grabbed whatever I had sat on from underneath me. When I sat back down, I looked down at what I had sat on and cringed when I realized that it was Cassidy's journal.

     "Keith! Where are you?" yelled Cassidy. It has only been two weeks since I've met Cassidy and have been recruited into the Protector Clan with her. Cassidy glanced around the forest nervously, seeing as she hadn't brought her bow or arrows. I snickered lightly, but regretted it as soon as she looked over at my direction and walked over here. Right, I forgot she had very heightened ears.

     "Keith, was that you?" she asked. As she walked past me, I came out from the shadows and wrapped my arm around her waist, tugging her towards me. She instantly relaxed when I placed a kiss on her cheek.

     "Keith, you scared me," she breathed. I chuckled and wrapped my other hand around her waist. The both of us stood there, listening to the peaceful sounds of nature. Birds chirped as crickets jumped around, escaping away from the predators.

     Although I had only known Cassidy for two weeks, I loved her. She saved me from the rogues and treated me like a normal human being. When I was young, werewolves would always look at me oddly, seeing as I was only half werewolf and I can shift, which is odd since half werewolves and half humans can't shift, they only get the heightened senses part. Yes, we acted like a couple, but we were basically friends with benefits. I wanted to be in a relationship with Cass, but she had met her mate. The Alpha's son. She had told me that she didn't want him as a mate, but she wanted me as her mate. Of course, I had been happy and excited, but I knew it wouldn't be right for me to take her away from him, since they were supposed to be together, and trust me, I do not plan on making the Moon Goddess any angrier. I had my family taken away from me already, I don't need anything else that mattered to me taken away again.

     "I want you to have this," she whispered, bringing me back to reality. I looked down at what she held and noticed it was her journal. I looked at her cautiously.

     "Are you sure? I mean-" I started but was cut off when she kissed me. I immediately responded and twisted her around so she was facing me. There was no sparks, or fireworks, but our kisses held nothing but the love we held for each other. It was enough for me to know that we didn't have to have mates to make us happy. When Cassidy pulled away, she smiled at me and put her journal into my hands.

     "I love you, Keith, and I want you to have my journal," she whispered. I smiled and nodded.

     "I love you too, Cassidy," I whispered. The both of us shared another kiss before we returned back into the house where we stayed for the rest of the evening.

     My felt my eyes watered up at the memory. I had always loved Cassidy, and I will never forget our memories we shared. I hated seeing her in Saxon's arms, but a part of me always said that they were meant to be together and that I should be happy that he makes her happy. Which I was, sure Cass had been happy with me too, but it would be wrong of me to tear her away from Saxon, without letting her give him a chance.

     I looked down at the dark purple leather journal and decided to read through it. I opened it and carefully flipped the page until there was actual words on the journal, not doodles.

     To my lovely daughter, happy birthday.

     Was what it read on the first page, but below that it read: