Chapter 85: Suffering Isolation

"So Herobrine, what do you think of this world?" Notch asked with a wide grin as he gestured to the oak and birch woods they walked through, he had his arms out as if he was implying the entire world beyond the trees and vast lands of green. "It's much bigger than this forest, so many biomes and terrain. So much life and yet so much more to add, oh it only gets better from here on out."

Herobrine although walking at the god's side; had his eyes on the ground until he heard such elation erupt from the slightly taller form, he appeared to be the polar opposite of Notch with his posture more tense; as if he was a disaster waiting to happen in such a peaceful place. White eyes glanced to the side to see the man embracing the air so proudly of his work, Herobrine immediately shifted his attention away when Notch's arms fell back to his side and he looked over at him.

"So what do you think? Or what do you like the most?" Notch ebbed closer and lightly elbowed the other in the side to get his attention. "Come on."

The white-eyed one lightly rubbed where he had been prodded and raised a brow at the creator, his gaze did not stay on Notch though; he only kept his eyes on the ground as they moved. He was so uncomfortable looking.

Steve kept a good distance behind the two walking but observed Herobrine's posture closely, the guy looked stiff compared to Notch. He noticed how unwelcome the man seemed here, so misplaced. Like a piece of a puzzle that did not fit the picture or even belong to the same image.

Herobrine remained silent for a long minute; he did not look thrilled to answer but he did appear mildly interested when Notch retained his smile and encouraged with another bump from his elbow. "This world is nice, quiet, and peaceful I suppose. It's rather empty though, I have roamed around great distances and found but one mortal. The life around here though is flourishing well and there are some places that are miraculous to see, but these things I do not like as much as a clear sky when night falls. The night is better, and calmer despite the monsters and the cool air on the skin is quite relieving. I like the stars but the moon I like most. It can be bright and observing as it steadily crosses the sky, or darkened out with passing days as if going into a state of rest."

"Ah, there we go. The night huh? It's nice, mostly." Notch's smile wavered a little. "We have yet to add more beings like the first, but we will soon! Maybe they'll treat you better? We'll have to wait and see though, there are still things to add before more humans will be added. Now the mobs are essential to population control, without them, there would be problems with starvation and living space in the future. It sounds a little cruel when you think about it but life and death must be balanced for the future and generations to grow and allow life to be sustained without depletion of resources so quickly.

The hostile mobs also keep people strong and help them determine where they'll be in society, whether they are good enough to be out in the field to defend their own by going out to protect their villages and gather resources or stay within the safer part of the community and do more safer things such as farming and running the progress of a particular town. I have it planned to be balanced, it's almost perfect too. Now choosing the moon is a great choice; bright when it needs to be, giving sight to those who are lost and stumbling around in the dark. It's also nice to look at too, not so bright to burn the eyes but enough to light pathways in the cover of night."

"To me, it is as lonely as I, so many stars shine in the skies but not one close enough to accompany this pale orb, it is avoided by all but the sun that is near but still so distant. We are alike in a sense."

Notch came to a stop when Herobrine finished and the distressed being stopped a few steps ahead.

'Those words were pretty deep and only confirmed Herobrine's greatest trouble. Out of every problem that he suffers from; even his built-in nature; it was the isolation that affected him most.'