Chapter 20: Will You Understand

"In Herobrine's place?" Nigel furrowed his brow. "What are you inquiring? You mean as if-"

Steve paced around the room with his arms held out. "I was chained to a pedestal and having people throw rocks at me while shouting in anger? Then yes. That's exactly what happened." He came to a stop, his arms falling to his sides. "Although, all of the people in the crowd were blurry all except for this... one guy oddly enough. I really couldn't understand what anyone was saying, but couldn't understand him either. Anyways, I was chained up and not only did I have rocks pelted into my head, I had people run up and stab me too." Steve deeply frown and clutched at his stomach at the very thought.

Nigel's expression contorted at the thought and gaped. "Dear Notch, it was no wonder you had practically collapsed on our travel up here, I can't imagine how dreadful it must have been."

"Enough to incapacitate me." Steve lightly rubbed his side and he inhaled deeply. "I'm starting to feel the pain again just by thinking about it."

"Well don't think about it, wouldn't want a repeat like yesterday would you?" The old man walked up and placed a hand on the miner's shoulder. "Remember, don't let your mind become your greatest enemy under Herobrine's influence. Should be simple as long as you don't focus on the ghastly brutality you've faced in the dream? Why don't you tell me anything else you remember from it?"

"Oh right! When this guy-, I believe his name to be Lionel- showed up; he told me ...err..." Steve bit his lip. "Or rather 'Herobrine' that he wasn't a monster and that the people were taking the punishment too far, also that he would try to set him free."

"That name you mentioned? You mean the one that we saw at the grave yesterday? Lionel was it?"

The man nodded. "Yeah! Strangely, we look very much alike. I didn't want to think that the marked grave belonged to the same guy from the vision, but I've seen too much proof now. Okay, it's not actually proof considering all of it was in dreams but still, it means something. I just know it."

Nigel pulled his hand away from Steve and stood back in perplexity. "Wait, you are saying that two people look identical to Herobrine? You're not the only one?" He raised a brow and pulled off his glasses to wipe dust off of the lenses.

"I'm not kidding! He looks like a more ruffled version of me who's seen many battles and neglected his hair a bit and wore silver plated armor that had the same insignia carved into it as on this robe." The miner gestured to the golden symbol on fabric he was wearing. "I couldn't believe it myself at first, only after I seen him a second then third time did I realize that I may just have some ancestral connection to the man. If he's truly the same from the grave that is? Like you said about me being a distant relative, it isn't 'impossible'. Unlikely, but not impossible." Steve causally folded his arms.

"That's something I must question in my further studies!" Nigel quickly moved from the miner and lightly limped over to his bag, he fished out his feather pen and notebook from a side pocket. "Please continue sharing these dreams? This information is absolutely fascinating!" He said excitedly while writing on his way to the bed. He nearly stumbled forward until Steve caught him.

"Don't get too excited Nigel, so far all of this is coming from dreams. So it may or may not mean anything special. It could literally be all from my head." He tapped the side of his cranium.

"Dream or not, Information and knowledge of what Herobrine is showing you may be a key to solving more mysteries of his past. With these little 'meaningless' dreams you have, we can learn more than you think if you really think about it?"

"After that though-." The miner stared blankly at the burning Netherrack. "Herobrine was standing out in the crowd, just watching me hang there. I don't understand that part. He could have chucked a rock or come up and give me a jab if he really wanted, but no, he just stood there watching me. Well, at least for a short moment."