Chapter 27: Yet You Are Daring

"Stay back." Was all the sentinel said before him while throwing an arm out to discourage the miner from moving. "I'll handle these figments alone."

Steve watched in apprehension as the Herobrine clones closed in on the silver armored knight, he wanted to close his eyes and make the 'abominations' as Lionel had called them; disappear. Of course that wasn't going to happen, they were too strong. He kept his eyes wide as several of the blades all positioned downwards, Lionel just stood there bravely before holding the sword with a steadfast stance, determination in his deep blue eyes.

"Errrhhhhaaaaahhhhh!" He moved the blade upwards and quickly deflected the first clone's strike before swinging the sword to his left, he then forced the opposing blade and it's wielder fly backwards from the pure force of the powerful swing. Another few came speeding down and he stepped away to the side as the blades impaled the ground and Lionel kicked one clone on the side of the head and made the monstrous hero stumble backwards and knock into the other, at the same instant he swiftly slashed at another copy and made that one jump back to avoid the sentinel's sword. He dodged a few more coming at him and swung the weapon around like an extension of his arm, skillfully landing a few gashes on a couple of the Herobrine duplicates and making a few of them hop back to evade the swings.

"You would betray me?!" One Herobrine sneered as he dove right down at the silver-plated man, he pulled his weapon back and ready to cut across the human.

"I have betrayed no one." The sentinel said irately, taking the diamond sword up and blocking the forceful strike, not even moving once from the sheer power of the two blades colliding together with a cloud clang. He held onto it tightly as the sword in his hand began to shake, the copy only kept applying more and more strength.

The Hero clone only grit his teeth and pressed harder, feeling the man finally budge a little he pushed even more. The sentinel's arm was starting to give way, the man quickly jumped backwards and away; making the other sword slide off of his and onto the ground. He then whipped the weapon around and made a large gash across Herobrine's side, the warped being clutched to the new wound with a hiss before he flashed away. One copy moved out towards the man with another on the opposite end coming straight at him, both flew at each side of the valiant knight but Lionel was quick to bend down as the swords swung for his neck.

Lionel swiftly ducked and rolled away a few feet before spinning on his heels and lunging at the two who had struck their swords together after missing their target, he drove the razor edge right through the neck and shoulder of one hero clones and it shrieked loudly and stumbled away as black blood coated his throat and chest. It wailed as it grabbed the wound but Lionel only watched with unsympathetic eyes before winging the blade right through the center of the being's chest. The clone immediately exploded into dust with loud cry, the other copy nearby only glared at the man with intensity beaming from it's eyes. More copies flew at the guy and he easily fought off each one, barely taking any hits and dealing out more damage.

Steve couldn't believe his eyes, he blinked a couple times but just couldn't believe that a normal human was so fast and powerful; actually fending off Herobrine. He only stared in awe as his possible ascendant moved around quickly and struck with precision and skill, not once getting slashed or knocked off balance. The fighting style was so incredible and he couldn't take his eyes away from the scene and the one man that controlled it.

One by one Lionel had smite and killed each copy with relative ease, using the sword to stab or graze the Herobrine copies that came too close; making the fiends burst into clouds of dust as he ended them. He deflected more swords and effortlessly countered each stroke with a swift low kick and then finishing off the staggering and falling copies with one jab through the heart. Each piercing was completely merciless.