Chapter 70: Safety You Shall Yield

"A shield? You are truly a coward James." Nigel spat.

"I said that I would protect and defend my people at all costs right? If I have to go this far or further, then so be it. The miner here is nothing to me; nothing but a traitor amongst men. Not just to the people here; but to all human beings across the world." He noticed that what he said had made the miner angry, but he didn't care; not with other pressing matters to worry about. The crowd seemed even more confused and angry with his decision though, especially after labeling the man a traitor. Morrison lifted his head and let his gaze rest weakly on the miner. "So what is your choice Steven Stonewall?"

"You have the audacity to use his last name?" Nigel cut the miner's response before he could muster a single word.

The village chief cocked his head to his right to see the old adventurer glaring daggers at him, he didn't care though. "I've heard the stories you told people, some seem believable to me and others; I cannot. Like I do not believe that Herobrine was ever a hero, I know from our legends that he was first considered one but ended up being nothing but a murderous lunatic who wanted to change a mundane living style amongst our peaceful ancestors. He was a show of power and an inconsiderate being who believed he could do what ever he wanted without consequence, from there; killing became his fancy when he was punished. He had become a vengeful being shortly after being sealed, now he but a demon tormenting us."

"That is only partially true. I am mentioning the vengeful part."

"Yes." The man rolled his eyes. "Apparently killing the boy was an 'accident' and not from an arrow by an assassin; though he was apparently shot by one. Not an arrow that Herobrine used himself; but through the loss of self control did he end the child. I've heard that already, that he lost control of himself and tore a huge gap through the fortress with his summoned power and killed everyone that was close to the fissure. I know. The royal child could have died that way, I've heard that story but I simply do not believe it. I do however; believe in the great traitor. His name was lost in our history but that Lionel Stonewall is sounding about right; considering his descendant here-" Morrison paused for a second and coldly gazed at the man before him, earning a sneer. "-Is a traitor just like him. Sometimes these things run blood deep, it seems true in this case."

"Lionel wasn't a traitor!" Steve barked. "He was an honest and hardworking castle guard who wanted nothing but to do his best for his ruler and his brother, he didn't defend a criminal... but a real hero! Believe me, I have been shown the truth."

"'You' have been shown the truth, not I. I cannot trust you so I do not believe you. The traitor I heard of had been caught in the act of freeing the killer and was punished with death for doing so. Good riddance too."

"That's all wrong! He was not a traitor!" The miner shouted.

Morrison walked a few steps away, keeping his back to the miner. "Perhaps to you maybe, but to me?" He turned around, a hand now over his chest. "It's fact. The stories of my peaceful people have been passed down generation through generation; how can one lie about such an awful and... memorable point in history?"

"The story must have changed over time, it must have twisted and melded into something more gruesome to instill fear and hatred to Herobrine. Fear does things to people." Nigel started. "And believe me or not James; but not all of your ancestors were peaceful people, maybe you should look more into the history books or get the correct ones at least. Herobrine didn't kill the Sovereign's child out of boredom, he was framed because of his status. Conner was targeted by an assassin and shot, Herobrine was trying to reach him peacefully to save him; but was prevented from saving the child with his transcendent blood by a treacherous man. He went mad and lost there on the spot after he was denied the right to help.