Chapter 71: A Plea Of Mercy

Steve shuddered despite being frozen in fear. He couldn't ever recall Herobrine being this mad before, even when he lost control in their last battle and attacked him mercilessly when he was on what seemed like even grounds. Steve would have been dead if he hadn't been acting upon impulse to shield himself from the blade back then. Herobrine wasn't currently wielding the soul sapping weapon at the moment so there was no telling what he was going to do to the guard first; only that it wouldn't be good. Not even for some as malicious as Jimmy would deserve what Herobrine could possibly do to him. Steve couldn't believe how bad he felt for the guy now cowering for his life after acting so forceful and mighty with his bow and black arrow.

Now he could just feel the tension coming from Herobrine, like tiny invisible pulses of heat and power radiating from every snort he made as he slowly walked towards the guard. The miner blinked and coiled his fist with partially slanted eyes. Standing there and doing nothing was not going to stop the attack, but he couldn't even find in him to speak up and muster a single word; he just couldn't get his lips to move as scene unfolded before him. He was terribly afraid and he thought he had nothing left to be afraid of for himself, he had already accepted the concept of death; though he wished not to experience it anytime soon. But there he was; trembling because of what could happen to him, the people should come first.

Though the thought of having his soul torn from him really put him in a dead stop, he just couldn't move or speak. There was just too much anxiety from the recent and past events that it was becoming too difficult to keep up with them and overcome them all, the possibilities of what could possibly happen tonight also had gnawed at him filled him with dread. Those brighter than bright piercing eyes and threatening growls had him shaking and he was finding it hard to do anything but watch his friend as he neared Jimmy with edgy steps, conflicting thoughts of standing there to stay safe or move and risk getting attacked; filled his troubled mind.

Jimmy shrank back in fear and continued to take slow steps backwards to put distance between him and the demon, but the monster of a man only followed in slow steps; making his retreat utterly pointless with his cautious pace on a small platform. Each step Herobrine made filled him with more and more panic, the heavy breaths and snorts only escalated his terror and reminded him of how much power differentiated between them; as did the strange energy in the air that chilled him to the bone. The gap of strength was obviously wide considering he that was just a mortal man facing a monster. Those white eyes were the most dreadful part of the being, it was like staring at death; not the kind of freakish stare that used to used to bore at him when the demon came to torment the village like he once did. These eyes were focused on him and the being they were attached to was going to kill him, he feared that it would not be quick and painless.

"Uuh." Jimmy lightly yelped when the back of his legs met the wooden railing behind him, he nearly lost balance and could have fell over the railing; though it wouldn't have helped him if he did. His eyes widened when a trail of white appeared within the gash that the black arrow had made, the light intensified for only a few seconds before fading out to perfectly flawless flesh on the being's forearm. Herobrine was truly a living nightmare of nightmares, pretty much invincible. "Ge-Get back!" He shouted, now pulling his bow back up in front of him; instinctively trying to defend himself. He patted around the holster on his back frantically for any arrows but his hand didn't land on any; for there was none on him. He hadn't even bothered grabbing any of the arrows from the chest, just the black arrows and his was wasted. He had nothing to defend himself with.

"No." He shook his head from the approaching White-Eyed terror, he couldn't believe that he was the first target of the gruesome man. "No. Get away from me!" The guard panicked and quickly spun on his heels. He was just about to make a jump over the wooden posts in an attempt to escape but a hand had clamped painfully tight on his right shoulder in an instance. He turned his head just enough to see the man's enraged face before he was swiftly pulled back in one strong jerk and he collided with the platform by force. A loud gasp escaped his barely empty lungs, the air was literally forced out of him from the collision and the impact lightly shook the entire wooden structure.