Chapter 68: You're The Weapon

"That was awfully rude of him. I am too old to be pushed around like that." Nigel lightly complained as he angled his glasses to fit perfectly on the bridge of his nose again. The elderly adventurer then fully sat up but not without grimacing first. "Oow!" The man winced as he bent his back into proper place.

"Nigel!" Steve placed a hand on his friend's shoulder and gave an expression of concern, he was glad that no real harm was given to the old guy considering it was Jimmy who held a blade up to him.

"I'm okay! I am definitely not as-" He paused as a light audible popping sound filled his ears from moving his stiff back joints. "-Flexible as I used to be."

"He's crazy. We're all going to get killed." Steve said as he sat back and gazed blankly at the cobblestone floor.

"I do have to agree with you on Mr. Morrison's level of sanity, he evidently wants so much to be free of Herobrine that he doesn't even pay heed about the things you've said. In fact, he's only going to make matters worse depending on what he has planned. It cannot be good, that I can assure you. I can tell that he's acting rather rash and impatient now, being an elitist really doesn't help either. There's no telling what he's going to do but I fear that it will not bode well for either of us, nor for him and the people living in this village." The old man said as he carefully stood up and walked slowly back towards the cobblestone wall to lean against, he stopped within a foot of the wall and traced his fingers over the smooth stone. He brought his hand close to his face and he could see the small drops of moisture rolling down his fingertips, he tilted his head up and backed away as drops of rain misted from the barred windows above. "Well now the wall is wet. Just dandy." He said with dry sarcasm before moving to the right side of the wall that didn't have a barred window to wet the wall's surface. Nigel softly grunted as he leaned down and sat on the cold floor, a sigh escaped his lips as he leaned back against the cobblestone to support his aching spine.

Steve just stayed sitting quietly alone in the middle of the cell, lost in thought.

The two men quickly shot their eyes in the direction of the loud footsteps coming from the stairwell again.

"Well, it looks like I'll be taking Jimmy's shift then." Said Carson as he made his way down the steps and onto the damaged cobble flooring. The man heavily exhaled as he pulled his leather cover off of the floor and began to dry himself off with it, he bowed his head and used the sheet to get most of the accumulated water out of his mid-length black hair. "It's pouring out there, the wind makes it feel cooler than ice." Carson said as he raised his head back up and looked into the cell. He noticed that the miner looked even more edgier than before and Nigel didn't look much better, the elder almost looked infuriated which was odd; given his usual composed persona. "So your talk didn't go so well I assume?" He asked Steve but the miner sitting on the floor didn't reply or even look in his general direction. "Figures. Morrison looked pissed when he stormed out of here, he even told me to go back down and watch you guys and it's supposed to be Jimmy's shift. I am actually quite surprised and curious, neither of you look like you want to talk so I won't ask anything else."

"You're right, the discussion did not go over well," Nigel started as he leaned forward and scooped up his quill and book and tucked them into a large pocket of his long brown coat. "Your village chief believes that Steve can fix the problem and he plans to use him and possibly me in some way to stop Herobrine's rampancy. However; we don't know what he's exactly planning as of yet, only that his means to resolve the problem at hand may be impulsive and reckless. He's clearly not thinking, he at first seemed like a patient man but with night drawing closer by the hour and our 'unwillingness' to help; or so he claims, it's pushing him to act hasty and irrational. I also believe that he might not be entirely right in the mind as of now."