Chapter 3: The Cursed Hero

"Killed Herobrine? This village's terror, the reason why people are dying is all because your people killed some guy?" Steve's jaw dropped. He couldn't believe it, but he reminded himself that he would try for his friend so he readjusted his standing position and focused more on Warren's expression. He mentally wanted to slap the hell out of himself, he must of looked like an idiot after saying he was going to try and believe this story and then seem so skeptic.

"Yes. My great grandfather's- grandfather's great grandfather was one of the descendants from the people who had killed and destroyed Herobrine's body. But lets push this thought aside for a second while I fill you in on the history of Herobrine, a story my predecessors have passed on from generation to generation. It would surely make the reason why we stay in this place a little more easier to understand."

"Oh please, do tell. Apparently this story goes way back?" Steve intently listened, 'seeming' very interested in the history behind the man of nightmares.

This was the break Warren was finally trying to get out of the miner, maybe he could sway the adventure's intentions and possibly save a life today from the cursed look-alike-Steve. He'd save a 'friends' life at that. "Alright." He nodded and then moved his gaze to the clear blue sky. "Herobrine was a mystery since the beginning of time itself, no one knows where he had come from but for a while he used to live in that valley for many many years where one of the first ever settlements of humans was created. They say that he was a gift from the creator Notch himself, a creation sent to keep the peace between his creatures and to help guide humanity through troubling times to come. He helped protect the humans while they built upon that land, he helped them grow and flourish and so they basked in a safe Eden for generations. After this settlement had fully developed into a lively province- the land it was built upon and the land that surrounded it had been named: Antecedent Element. In other words; Ancient Building-block. Notch's first foundation of knowledge and unity."

"You mean 'that' valley?" Steve looked at the large mountainous cliffs that taunted him in their sheer size, he could glare at them all day but it'd do no good. So the land was already touched by Minecraftian-kind? Great. He thought. Maybe it wasn't the best mining spot anymore, but the fact that the land apparently held some kind of mythical being and a starting history of humans was quite captivating and too alluring to ignore. So perhaps it could hold ancient treasures and that would make it a good place to mine after all. He quickly returned his gaze to Warren's after he noticed he was staring at the soaring ridges for too long.

"When Herobrine first traversed the lands in pursuit of his purpose; he had stumbled upon a broken colony of people, greatly struggling to cultivate the land and fight off some strange monsters that invaded their home. He took interest in these fraught beings and had decided to aid them in the name of good will. His acts of valor in slaying the beasts of the night had made him quite the warrior-, a great hero and help for he was a human that adorned a heroic look look with eyes as bright as the sun. He had powers that could smite away the dangerous monsters of the land, powers that could rip apart mountains with ease, he even had the ability to heal the wounded. Herobrine had taken a failing land and made it into a thriving fortress, he was everyone's hero. This is how he became know as the 'gift' from Notch, to shield them and direct them to a growing success.

At that time he didn't have a name or title, he was just a mysterious being that had great power. When the people couldn't address or express their gratitude towards him they decided that he needed an identity and because he seemed entitled to a name far greater then a simple human one; they just decided just to call him Hero. Not a very creative name if you ask me, but he was everything a hero was supposed and thought to be and so he was indeed the embodiment of the very word itself. And a great hero he was, he fought courageously to keep the humans safe and in doing so the people later added Brine to his title.