Chapter 80: It's A Reason

"Die?" Steve gulped and shot a look of uncertainty to the man across the open chamber, he felt so confused but more discouraged that the one who trusted him so much was now wanting him dead. All of that hard work to prove that he was trustworthy, that he was almost like Lionel's distant relative, that he was a friend; all the effort gone? His tribulations in the Nether were all but wasted and pointless, suffering for nothing? No, he couldn't accept that. This miner didn't almost die several times for nothing, he earned the hero's trust the hard way and refused to just let it all be for naught. He's seen the man at a peaceful state before, maybe not really happy but genuinely contented at least.

He had yet to help him be free of Ender, maybe if he did then the guy could actually smile for once and leave humans at peace. Steve's frown deepened a little, it was going to take some major convincing now or he would be in for a fight. Fighting Herobrine was already ridiculously difficult enough, fighting was the one thing on the agenda to avoid most; especially with his newest wounds he got just trying to get to the shrine. Herobrine still had his stab wound Steve noticed, it was even slightly bleeding from what he could tell. He honestly wished that he could have stopped himself from doing that a while ago.

"I know I've said some things that can't ever be taken back." He started with a low and regretful tone. "I regret those words. ... But it's in the past now!" He suddenly barked while holding his pleading expression. "I was upset for what you did, could you really blame me?"

Herobrine only narrowed his eyes more.

"I mean come on. We had a fallout back there and it pains me to think back on it, for what you showed me. Your sword really didn't help the situation either." Steve narrowed his own eyes to show his displeasure of his past encounter with the man. "You forced me to take up your blade, did you know how conflicting it was to fight the rage? How much sorrow I felt from it's negative power? Power like that may make you stronger but it made me weaker."

The white-eyed man finally gave a look to the miner that hinted more confusion than anger, this was a breakthrough for Steve. Now if it would only last.

"Yeah, it left me drained. Not to mention that the same sword could have killed me with it's adverse affect, so you're mad that I'm here?" Steve gestured the well behind him with a simple wave of the hand towards the structure. "Well do I have news for you. I am not here to get revenge, you know that it's not me. It took good self-convincing back in those woods to not cause further harm, I am still distraught that I even injured you." Steve paused to gage Herobrine's reaction to his words, the man was still showing his rage and looked as though he couldn't be convinced for his reasons of being in the forbidden temple. He still had to try. "You have yet to fully heal, even now that pains me. But what pains me more is the fact that you can't trust me after everything that we've been through. I don't understand why you can't."

Herobrine made a few more steps forward and then stood in place; only slightly hinting his struggle with a light shaking in his posture. It was really getting hard to fight the pressure but he didn't come to fully test his own resistance to Notch's power, just to keep himself out of falling into disciplining hands of an unfair and unjust creator. "That is what I don't understand." He mocked with the same kind of tone the miner used; only with more disdain. A deep sneer then crept on his features. "What I 'do' understand is that all of Notch's damned creations are the same as him; they take after his deceptive and unmerited nature, appearing to have the understanding of others when it's all fake."

"What?"

"I am all too familiar with this little game you humans play, pretending to have innocence when it's all a lie." Herobrine began to pace back and forth to demonstrate his anger, it was a waste of energy when it comes to the power of the well trying to make him kneel; but he felt as though he could fight the force with his growing temper. "Brutus had me fooled for years, he was very good with deception. And so was the Sovereign of course. He always feared me, even when I came back from demolishing mobs threatening the village and the crop fields; welcoming me back with open arms. I saw through his false expression of joy, he was even nervous of letting me watch over Conner or even speak to him; but he allowed it because he knew better then to get on my bad side.