Chapter 41: Into The Hands

There he was, the legendary man known as Herobrine only several feet away lying on the ground and Steve was having a hard time believing in what had truly happened and what he was exactly seeing. He didn't expect things to actually go in his favor, let alone come out of the big fight with only minor cuts and bruises. Perhaps it was luck? He made a small glance down and saw the stone sword still sheathed at his side, it had to be a luck charm or otherwise Notch had actually given him a break.

He moved his gaze back to the grounded form and he made slow cautious steps towards the man, Steve did not have any kind of plan of what he would do now. Frankly; he didn't even expect to get this far, so now all that he could do was help Herobrine before the being bleeds to death and it wasn't going to be easy.

Steve kept his enchanted blade at his side should the powerful being decided to attempt one final attack that could get them both killed, the miner definitely didn't want that to happen, he just had to hope that Herobrine would cooperate but something told him that doing that would be unlikely. Very unlikely. He could hear quiet snarls as he got closer to the incapacitated man, two orbs of white shined up at him.

"Herobrine." Steve started softly, he paused as he saw the huge crimson puddle now forming between the blades of grass. "I can help you."

...

Herobrine hissed and patted around for his weapon supposedly nearby, however; it was no longer within reach from what he could tell, it was a few yards back where he first started to spin before collapsing. He opened his hand and attempted to call for the missing sword but nothing happened, he was too weak to even summon his blade back into his palm. His head snapped back towards Steve and Herobrine grunted as he tried to lean up, but as he did he felt his wound stretch too far and he instantly plopped back down with a loud wail in defeat. This pain was too agonizing and there was no reprieve, it was never ending.

He had lost this fight and now his life was in the hands of this mortal.

"Please, please let me help you Herobrine. I never meant to actually harm you and it was out of instinct to defend myself, I'm sorry."

Oh he sounded sincere but Herobrine knew that the human was faking it. He continued his unyielding glare though his eyes were growing heavy, his body was also becoming too weak to move, and his breathing was becoming more shallower that taking in even small gulps of air was becoming rather difficult. Why would this mortal help him when he just brought him down? No other human would waste this opportunity to kill the infamous tormentor, so why would this one? He didn't want help and he didn't need it, especially from the inflictor.

He watched as Steve now stood only two feet away, the miner sheathed the blade without trouble and with it now put away he wasn't suffering the aftereffects that was supposed to be present. That wasn't expected. The miner then reached a hand into his pocket and began to pull something out, the ancient hero growled before the items were revealed. Steve waited patiently for a moment and then finished taking out two flat rolls of gauzes and a small half full vial with dark red fluid.

"I was saving these for my injuries, but yours are much more severe than mine." He said blankly with his eyes trained on the objects.

Herobrine sneered as Steve moved down onto his knees next to him. At this point the miner was one big cyan and blue blur, but he was still too close. If the man was smart he would be using those bandages to cover his own wounds, if he was going to escape with his pathetic life from ravenous zombies then now was the time to do it before the monsters move back into the area. The hero's presence always made the mobs back off and that was from power of the finest degree, there were the occasional risk takers that he had smite for the tiny amount of amusement it provided; but most of the monsters avoided him and they were smart to. Zombies however; were more different and careless, some still approach him in aimless search for food. They had a one track mind that was either focused finding it's target, on killing it's target, or eating it's target, Steve would be one such target they couldn't resist. They are always drawn in by sounds and the smell of blood, mostly human blood. The miner had two nasty cuts; one on his neck and the other on his shoulder from what the being could make out from the blending colors, the human would definitely risk his own wellbeing if he didn't take care of his own injuries and leave soon.