principality.

Crowley had gone missing a week after they stopped the end of the world. Aziraphale started checking everywhere, gathering books and scrolls on demons, finding chapters almost specifically dedicated to Crowley himself but no matter how he searched how many books, chapters, words he went through he still found nothing.

Months and months pass, finding nothing at all. He was starting to lose hope so he visited the demons apartment, miracling himself inside the locked door and gasped when it was trashed. "What happened here..." he whispered and used a small miracle to replay to him the events that transpired the day Crowley disappeared.

There was a knock at the door and Crowley answered it. "Hel-" he stepped back, into the apartment and watched about 25 demons flood into the room "ah... to what do I owe the pleasure...?" He asked slowly, keeping up his cocky, suave demeanour but backing up to a painting on the wall.

"Oh I think you know what we are here for. Crawley." One of them smiled and took a few steps forward.

Crowleys eyes scanned the crowd of demons, his eyes fixating on a few of the weaker demons he could see. "Oh come now... surely we could... work this out? Tea?" He asked and slipped a knife off of the table underneath the painting. He knew there was no way in hell he was getting the painting open and the safe unlocked by the time he was overpowered but he could try and pick off a few of the weaker ones, discorporate them at the very least .

"You know that we can't. Now come quietly...." One of them said in a weaselly voice. Crowley backed up until his legs hit the front of his desk, trying to think of a plan as all of the demons started walking towards him, clearly not organised at all as they kept bumping into and tripping each other. "Get it together!" The same weaselly one hissed.

Crowley calmly folded his glasses up and set them on the desk. "If they sent a group of amateurs after me they've lost their touch... come on, come play with the serpent of Eden, 6000 years on earth." He smirked, clearly faking his confidence but the demons were far too oblivious to even begin to see it.

He spun round with all the grace of a snake stalking its prey and slammed the small knife into the back of one of their necks, pulling it through the side and discorporating them instantly. He ducked and dodged out of the way of a few of what he recognised as higher level demons. Not as high as him of course but still people he should be wary of. especially if they actually grouped. he wouldn't stand a chance. still he held out, discorporating a few of the weaker demons and avoiding the ones who posed an actual threat.

one of the tougher demons growled and landed a hard kick to crowleys ribs. crowley sucked air through his teeth and stumbled backwards. "the 'mighty serpent of Eden' isn't so mighty after all." one chuckled as another knocked one of crowleys ankles out from underneath him. to be truthful crowley was exhausted. he'd killed about 7 of the demons and been blocking a lot of hits from the others for about 30 minutes. it was a wonder he'd lasted this long, especially becuse he was far from unscathed. he was on one knee, leaning against the one leg, supporting himself with an elbow on said knee

"I'm not going with you" Crowley growled, facing the floor, trying to recover from the blow he'd just taken. Someone knocked out his other ankle so he was kneeling and the ringleader of the demon group grabbed a fistful of crowleys hair and yanked it backwards. "Ngk!" Crowley said in surprise, gritting his teeth while two other demons pulled his arms behind him and tied his hands tightly.

The one holding his hair smirked and all of the demons formed a big circle around Crowley. "Oh don't worry... we expected you wouldn't come willingly..." he said with twisted delight as he pulled crowleys head to the floor and another demon pressed one foot into the space between his shoulder blades.

aziraphale watched helplessly as Crowley as beaten and knocked out, carried from the apartment and disappeared. the angels eyes caught on something curious. crolwey was missing a large chunk of his sleeve, it had clearly been cut off and not ripped.... aziraphale rewinded he events and watched crowleys movements very carefully.

as crowley took of his glasses with the knife still in hand, once he folded them he pinched his sleeve and pulled the knife through it, setting the cut cloth under his glasses as if it were only there to keep his glasses from getting scratched.

aziraphale gasped and rushed over to the desk, seeing the glasses and cloth still there, pristine, not a spec of dust nor dirt on them despite the months of not being touched. aziraphale surmised that crowley knew he was outnumbered and wouldn't win so he left something that could be tracked so long as he was alive. it still had a demonic scent and aura covering it and aziraphale smiled momentarily.

"you wily old serpent. I'm coming to find you. just hold out a bit longer for me..." he whispered, filling with rage again as he gently placed the glasses into a reading glasses case he was carrying in his pocket. he held the cloth tight and teleported through miracles right outside what looked like a church but he could feel that the ground wasn't blessed any longer. "crowley... be okay. be alright... please..." he whispered to himself and stormed into the building, instantly being met with the sounds of agonised screaming and crowley chained outside. the big stained glass window was transparent enough that as soon as aziraphale walked to it he could see everything outside.

crowley was chained to a couple iron posts just outside of the church's backdoors., surrounded by even more demons than had originally come to kidnap him. the were beating him, using sharp objects, spikes, diluted holy water in... in squirt guns?! ridiculous. but none of the demons would come inside the church. they must all think its still blessed.

it was getting darker and darker as the skies filled with black clouds. aziraphale stepped out of the back doors, his wings suddenly at full extension, glowing with eyes covering his face, wings, arms...

"shit" one of the demons said and they all turned to see aziraphale in his full might. "oh its just a principality. the soft one. we can take him!" the demon said confidently azirapahle stayed silent as the skies rumbled, blocking out the sun, making it almost as dark as night. the demons rushed towards him and aziraphale just simply stepped around them. he made it to crowley and snapped his fingers, vanishing the chains on the demons body and catching him before he hit the floor.

aziraphale rested crowley against a statue of Jesus and turned towards the huddle of demons. "you've all made a grave mistake. you will not be forgiven for this." he growled, his voice deep yet ethereal. the demons laughed and crowley found the strength to stand and slowly stumble to aziraphales side.

azirapahle pulled him close and put a wing over him to sheild him. the demons hissed and started screaming as drops of rainfall started hammering down onto the grounds of the church, their bodies sarting to melt and burn "YOU BLASTED ANGEL! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" one of them yelled through the screams.

Crowley watched everything that was happening, barely able to stand, only held up by aziraphale arm around his waist and protected by the wing above him. aziraphale inclined his head, watching them all with a dangerous glint in his eyes. "something only a principality is capable of." he growled. he was the principality of earth and he had made it rain holy water. as was his power and right. crowley stepped closer as a puddle gathered behimd him and aziraphale lifted crowley into his arms, creating an umbrella with his wings. "shhhh. its okay... lets leave shall we? we dont have to be here any longer..." he whispered, his voice still deep and ethereal even as quiet as it were.