The scars

Crowley was driving through the streets of London, 90 miles per hour as always, blasting queen at top volume. He swerved between vehicles and pulled off a flawless parallel park infront of the bookshop.

The bell above the door chimed, signalling a certain demons arrival and aziriphale lit up upon seeing him. "Crowley!" Aziraphale exclaimed from beside the fire.

"Hi Angel..." Crowley said quietly, his voice slightly crackling, immediatley worrying the Angel. Crowley sat down, quite hunched into himself for a while while aziraphale watched him.

When the demon hadn't so much as made a sound for over 10 minutes the Angel got up and decided to make some tea. "Crowley? Are you okay?" He asked softly, noticing the tears falling from underneath the dark man's glasses.

Crowley didn't respond so aziraphale put the tea down and very gently removed his glasses, the yellow snake eyes he so adored were staring off into space, tears falling from his eyes.

"Oh Crowley.... What's the matter?" The Angel said, sounding hurt and sitting on the sofa next to crowley. He saw the scars from crowleys tears and the new ones that began to form.

Aziraphale had seen the scars on crowleys face a while ago and read about what they could be and he found out that demons, demons cry holy water, just diluted. He got a handkerchief out of his pocket and gently pat the tears off of his cheeks, stopping them scarring any further.

Aziraphale touched the demons shoulder and he jolted, his already slit pupils getting even thinner as he was about to defend himself, he pushed Aziraphale down on the sofa so he was above him, one hand over his throat "Crowley! Dear! Relax, it's okay!" Aziraphle exclaimed, startled at the sudden reaction

Crowley blinked quickly, his eyes returning to their normal state as he backed away from the Angel. "A-Angel.... N-no no no no.... I hurt you.... I'm so so sorry..." he said quietly as his back hit one of the bookshelves while he backed away.

"Crowley... it's okay." The ángel tried to soothe while he was breathing heavy and rubbing his neck from where Crowley was pressing into it. For some reason crowleys hands felt rather hot. Like... a high temprature so that and the pressure being lifted was a bit uncomfortable.

"NO ITS NOT!" Crowley shouted and slammed his hand into the bookshelf, black blood suddenly spilling onto the floor. "A-Aziraphale... I'm so sorry... i- I'll clean it up." Crowley said as he realised lots of books had fallen to the floor.

"Oh Crowley.... It's not your fault. Look at me dear. Look at me." Aziraphale said, now right infront of the demon and holding his cheeks.

crowley shook his head and stared at the ground "you- you were scared of me.... I saw it in your eyes...." He said as more blood spilled onto the floor. Aziraphale took his hand away from the splintered hole in the shelf and looked at the many deep cuts he had managed to give himself, even opening some old scars with just the simple force of the hit.

More tears and blood fell to the carpet and Crowley started shaking slightly. "Crowley I wasn't scared OF you. I was startled becuse I didn't expect to be thrown like that. And please don't cry, it'll hurt you, why didn't you tell me demons cried holy water!" Aziraphale said, a bit distressed as he dabbed away the tears before they could cause worse scars.

"Because I don't want you worrying. I don't exactly make a habit of crying, but your eyes... they were scared of me... and I don't blame you. I'll clean up the stupid mess I've made and then I'll be out of your hair.... Might sleep for a century or six..." Crowley thought outloud as he bent down to pick up a few books while trying not to get the blood all over them.

Aziraphale held his injured hand and carefully made his glow, healing the wound with a near undetectable miracle. Crowley hissed at the end when he felt it but looked at his hand and back at the Angel. "Now let me help you and we can talk but you are not going to go sleep for six centuries, it was hard enough when you'd slept through just one!" Aziraphle almost shouted, he couldn't bear to lose his best friend again.

"But-" Crowley was cut off by Aziraphale covering his mouth and basically forcing him to sit on the floor. "Aziraphale!" He mumbled through the angels hand and sat against the side of a bookshelf.

"No. Your not gonna go sleep for centuries! Not happening. I- I need you Crowley." The shorter one stuttered, moving his hand and picking up a few books.

Crowley was stunned but collected himself when he saw the massive black blood stain on the carpet, he sighed and waved his hand over it, miracling it away so that the carpet was good as new. "But I- I hurt you Angel. What aren't you understanding!" He exclaimed while picking up and re-sorting the books he knocked off their shelves.

"Crowley listen to me. I'm not scared of you. You were clearly not in the right headspace, you don't hurt me that badly, I was surprised. Not afraid." Aziraphale said and rubbed his neck again.

Crowleys eyes focused on the angels neck and he strode over, gently lifting Aziraphales chin he saw a big red handprint, slowly bruising and it had.... Burns? Crowley had burnt him.....

"I- Angel- I- no no no..... I burnt you!" Crowley said and stepped far back, staring at his hands.

Aziraphale looked in a mirror and saw what he was talking about and slightly winced when he touched it. "How could you have burnt me?? You didn't have fire in your hands?" He said and looked at crowleys hands which were starting to slightly glow a white orange.

"No no Angel you don't understand.... I can summon hellfire in my hand. It's how I am— if it touched you as fire it would have killed you so I think it was just heating up and burnt you!" Crowley said, agitated and backing away from the Angel. Aziraphale looked at crowleys hands, tiny wisps of smoke rising from his palms and he had an idea.

Aziraphale grabbed some ice from the freezer and came back while Crowley was panicking becuse the fire wouldn't stop. He dropped it down the back of crowleys T-shirt and scared the demon enough that the fire turned off.

"Well that worked." He said dryly. Crowley took off his shirt becuse of the wet patch down the back and summoned himself a black knit jumper. "Sorry, it was the easiest idea I could come up with"

Crowley looked back at his neck and started tearing up again so the Angel sat Crowley down and pulled his head onto his shoulder, making sure his eyes were against the fabric of his coat so no holy tears could scar his face again.

"Crowley. I'm okay. I'm here, not dead and not that badly injured! It isn't your fault...." Aziraphale said as the demon started sobbing. He decided to wrap his wings around both him and Crowley, protecting them and giving the sad demon comfort.