Cooking?

A few years after Armageddont and neither demon nor Angel heard a single whisper from heaven or hell, which is just what they wanted. Deciding to be more public about their friendship now, Crowley invited Aziraphale round to his apartment for lunch.

Aziraphle walked up to the demons door and saw it open so he stepped inside "Crowley! I'm here!" He sort of called out.

"Oh come in Angel, make yourself at home! Do you want some lunch?" Crowley called and the Angel stepped into a large open plan kitchen- living- dining room and saw Crowley standing in the kitchen getting various things out of cuboards.

Aziraphale sighed happily and took a seat at the dinner table " some lunch would be lovely-" he began but looked over at the oven and realised it was missing a stovetop "Crowley... where's your stovetop?"

Crowley turned around bacon eggs and a frying pan in his hands. "Stovetop? I don't need a stove top?" He said as he put the things down and cracked the eggs into the pan.

"Do you put eggs in the oven??" Aziraphale asked, rather concerned.

Crowley turned to face him, the pan resting in the palm of his hand. "Aziraphale do you think I'm an idiot?" He asked as the eggs started audibly frying.

"The eggs- how- miracle??" The Angel said, getting up and looking at the pan and the eggs were actually cooking.

The demon laughed and flipped the eggs over so they would cook evenly. "No no, no miracles. I'm a demon, angel." Crowley said, walking around and misting his plants while holding the sizzling pan that now holds bacon aswell.

Aziraphale trailed al around the apartment following Crowley. "How aren't you burning your hands! Are you okay? How is it cooking?" The curious Angel asked and picked up the pan. Crowleys hand was glowing a bright orangey white and Aziraphale could see small wisps of smoke rising from it.

"Like I said, I'm a demon. I can summon hellfire in my hands. No need for a stovetop when I can do it myself eh?" He joked and put his hand back underneath the pan. He kept cooking various things like this, including pasta of some form.

Aziraphale was very intrigued and ended up writing it down in a journal he's had for over two centuries. "So... you can summon hellfire at will but does it ever happen when your not trying to?" Aziraphle asked, watching Crowley dance around his kitchen, cooking and humming along to queen.

Crowley looked over to him, put the pan down and carried over two plates of some insane looking gourmet food. "Oh yea, if I get really angry it can do that but I don't think you'll ever see that anger." Crowley said hopefully and sat directly across from the Angel

They finished their lunch and Aziraphale was stunned "how can you cook so well?? This is the best food I've ever had!" He praised and Crowley flushed slightly. He cleared his throat and Aziraphale chuckled

"Oh I learnt cooking pretty soon after that whole bet with god and Satan over that.... Jobe fella. S'pose I just managed to get better through the millennia." He said modestly and cleared away the plates

The two chatted companionably for the rest of the day and even into the night, causing Aziraphale to stay at crowleys aprartment for the night.

Crowley dropped Aziraphale off at the bookshop and just stuck around till he closed and they started talking. "Yea Gabriel, he told me to lose the gut a few weeks before armageddont, like really bluntly too 'oh and aziraphle, lose the gut.' I reall-" Aziraphale began explaining and did a flawless impression of Gabriel but Crowley interrupted.

"HE SAID FUCKING WHAT TO YOU?!" The demon yelled, the sound echoing off the walls of the bookshop. Aziraphale could see Crowley burning hot with anger and he remembered what Crowley said about the hellfire. The demon was so angry that there were patches of black scales rather visible and his eyes became thin slits.

Aziraphale thought about how to deal with Crowley in this state and decided on something dumb. He grabbed a frying pan and an egg from the back rooms and calmly placed the pan on crowleys hand and cracked the egg while looking him in the eye.

Crowley looked at the Angel who was deadpan cracking an egg infront of him and looked down at the pan and back again before bursting into laughter. His snakey features hadn't dissapeared but he wasn't focusing on the anger and instead to busy laughing.

Aziraphale started laughing as Crowley kept the egg cooking and managed to get himself under control. "I didn't think that would work as well as it did!" He exclaimed and carefully led Crowley into the back where his actual living space was, a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, the whole deal. Crowley started cooking ramen and Aziraphale watched him.

"You could never not impress me Crowley...." He said quietly.