Memorial

A few weeks later the rangers, Spike, Bulk , Skull and a few other former rangers had all came to see the ribbon cutting of the newly rebuilt building.

"Welcome everyone." The Mayor greets. "Thank you." Once the polite applause quieted down. "We are here to reopen the Museum of Natural History that was destroyed by monsters a few months ago. Thanks to a generous donor, we have raised funds to reopen the museum with a grand reopening. But first, may I present our special guest speaker, Dr. William Cranston."

Kat gave a enthusiastic applause along with everyone else. She wondered why Billy insisted she and JJ appear here, all dressed up.

"As you all know, we recently lost someone near and dear to us. A friend, a comrade, a hero, a father, a brother, and a husband. Dr Thomas Oliver was a good man, he loved this city as well as the history behind it. Thanks to his fundraising efforts, we managed to open a new wing, a wing designed to the dinosaurs and sabertooth tigers. Mrs Katherine Oliver, you and JJ come up here to cut the ribbon for our grand reopening."

Kat was happy to cut the ribbon, both her and JJ blushed when everyone applauded.

"Now a second surprise, Minh, will you come up here?"

Kat was wondering why the young woman was here, she wasn't a citizen of the city.

"Thank you." She gave a nervous smile. "This is the only time I came to Angel Grove, my mom Trini Kwan always talked about how everyone welcomed everyone." She cleared her throat. "I'm happy to hear that the museum will be free for the next few days, that way everyone could see the history of the dinosaurs." She smiled at Kat and JJ. "Thanks to Dr Oliver's generosity, I like to invite you all inside for the newly named, Dr Tommy Oliver Museum of History and Science!"

Kat had to be held up by her friends hearing the news. When JJ started hugging her, she couldn't stop the tears.

"Come inside! Come see the history!"

Kat hugged her son hard. Her and JJ, Tommy made sure they were taken care of. Especially when Billy handed her the papers.

"Kat? You coming?" Aisha asked.

"In a minute!" She and JJ sat down on a bench to read Tommy's letter.

Kat, JJ. If you are reading this, it's because I couldn't be there in person. I asked Billy to take care of things, just in case. I love you both. Take care of one another. Tommy/Dad.

"Tommy." Kat hugs the letter. She and JJ hug one another.

"Will we ever see him again?" JJ sniffed.

"Someday." She looked up hearing a familiar flute play. "Take care my love." She takes JJ's hand and walked inside the museum only looking up when she thought she saw a large white bird flying in the clouds. She couldn't help but smile at the image. 'Fly free. We'll join you again someday.'

"I'm going to miss him." Rita sighs. "He was a great Green Ranger." She sighs. "The memories." Even though he was human, she almost considered him a nephew.

"But he sure kept us on our toes." Zedd smiled.

"Amen." Rita agreed. They soon disappeared.

" This will hopefully get me closer to Mia " Spike said.