How's Life?

"I don't understand why you have to blindfold me," you grumbled, swinging your arms about. "Honestly, if you're gonna surprise me, at least let me see!"

"Just wait a minute, Mr. Hothead," Kristie grumbled. "We're almost there."

You huffed. "Almost doesn't cou—"

"BABY MEWIS!" Someone yelled, jumping on top of you as you grunted.

"Oi, Sonnett! Get offa' me before I fookin'— oof!"

You fell backwards, yanking the blindfold off as you were greeted with the sight of some of your excited national teammates.

"Hoi, guys," you stated, brushing yourself off. "What's up?"

"We heard you needed a little cheering up," Tobin smiled, ruffling your hair. "So we came down to Boston."

You returned the smile, squeezing the Thorns player tightly. "Thanks, Toby. So, what are we doing?"

------------

"How's life, Little Mewis?" Alex asked as the waiter placed multiple plates down on the table. "Anything new?"

You shook your head. "Life's... goin'. It's same old, same old."

Tobin and Christen shared a look, something that did not go unnoticed by you. "What is it?"

Christen shook her head. "Nothing."

"Yeah, suuuure. I believe that."

"When are you and that Irish captain flying back?" Christen quickly changed the subject.

"Tomorrow at... sometime tomorrow." You said, eyebrows raised suspiciously.

"Anyways," Julie coughed. (Did she retire? Yes. Are we going to act like she didn't for the sake of this story? Yes.) "You ever consider going out on loan to a team here in the NWSL?"

"No," you shrugged. "I like life in London, and I have no interest in going to places like Portland or Orlando."

Sonnett's head snapped up. "Why?"

"Nothin', just no interest in goin' there."

"What about going to France?" Lindsey asked. "I hear some clubs there *ahem Lyon* are pretty good."

You shook your head. "I don't want to go to Lyon, or France for that matter."

She instantly frowned. "What's wrong with Lyon?"

You casually took a sip of your water. "They've got some crazy old bastard on their roster. What's her name again?"

"Danielle Van de Donk?"

"It was something like Lisa... no. Maybe Lucy -?... nah, definitely not. Oh, Lindsey! Ye', Lindsey Horan!" You snapped your fingers with a smirk.

"HEY!"

-------------

"Hoi big me, whatcha' doin'?" You asked, opening the door to Katie's hotel room. "You find a girlfriend while I was gone?"

She jumped in surprise. "Oh, fook' off, Y/N. I should be asking you that."

"Ye', ye'," you waved dismissively. "What time's our flight back again?"

"7." Katie said, not looking up from her phone.

"Okay, so not too early."

"In the mornin'."

"FOOK'!"

------------

"Y/N!" Kristie fake sobbed, squeezing you in an absolute bone-crushing hug. "I can't believe you're leaving already!"

"Ye'," you yawned, eyelids drooping as you tried to fight off the sleepiness. "Okay."

She groaned as your parents laughed. "How in the hell do you get to training every morning when you're half asleep?"

"I carry her," Katie snickered. "I tried to waterboard her once, but it sort of backfired."

"Backfired how?" Your dad asked, intrigued. He was where you'd gotten your sense of humor from, and he loved hearing stories about his troublemaker daughter.

Katie pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. "I dumped the bucket onto Sleepin' Beauty, and she pulled me into the wet arse bed with her."

"Y/N!" Your mom chided as your dad laughed heartily. "That's not nice!"

"Wot?" You rubbed your eyes, squinting at the group of 4. "Wot ye' on 'bout so early?"

Katie hauled you over her shoulder, both of your carry-on luggages in hand as your flight was called. "Bye, Mr and Mrs. Mewis. Thank you!"

"Eh'?" You blinked.

"Bye, Y/N, bye Katie!" Your dad waved. "Go kick butt in London!"

"Call me!" Kristie shouted after your sleepy ass.

"Piss off!"

"Jerk!"

"Di—"

"Y/N THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!"

--------------

Just a bunch of fluff since I wanted to release a chapter for yall

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!