Hi.

That last chapter swung the mood around QUICK
-----------

"Hello, Y/N," your new Manager greeted as you stood their, unmoving in front of the Barca Femeni. "Pleasure to have you here."

"Hi," You muttered, not batting an eye. "Thank you for having me."

Despite temporarily bring in a club with some of the best Women's footballers in the world, you couldn't help but feel guilty and upset at the way you had left Arsenal.

"We're family," Leah had said, words echoing through your head. "Family doesn't keep things like this from each other."

"If it's alright with you, we'd like to head straight onto the field." Jonatan addressed you.

Nodding, you wordlessly followed the team out onto the pitch as they began warmups.

"So, Y/N," Alexia Putellas said as the two of you jogged around the field. "Welcome to Barca."

"Thank you," You stated flatly. "I'm very excited to be here."

She chuckled in amusement. "You don't seem very excited."

You shook your head, willing the walls you'd hastily built up not to collapse.

"Still just a little jetlagged from the flight." You lied through your teeth easily, as it was a well-known fact that you had a messed up sleep schedule courtesy of your teamm‐ soon to be ex-teammates.

Your new captain nodded. "That's understandable."

The whistle blew, saving you from any more awkward conversations that you definitely did not want to be having.

The conversation you'd last had with your ex-teammates at Arsenal had left a deep wound that would most definitely scar.

Trust was important to you as a person, and the fact that you'd betrayed theirs was not something you were going to let go of easily.

---------------

"Team bonding at my and Kei's place at 8!" Lucy called, the Englishwoman walking towards the exit with said girlfriend.

"Little Mewis," Ona snapped her fingers in front of your unblinking eyes. "You want me to pick you up later?"

"Yeah, okay. Thanks." You mumbled, running a hand down your face tiredly.

You'd felt so out of place in this new environment, and the guilt you were feeling was not helping.

"I'll be at yours and Aitana's at 7:30," she instructed, referring to your shared apartment with the Spanish national. "Dress casual."

--------------

"Ona! Little Mewis!" Lucy greeted enthusiastically, pulling the both of you in for a hug. "There you two are! Come in!"

You followed the woman silently.

"The girlies want to play Truth or Dare," Keira stated when she saw you and Ona. "Thoughts?"

"Sure." You responded, voice deep and scratchy from the lack of talking recently.

"Alright." Ona agreed.

"Me first!" Jana exclaimed. "Mewis, Truth or Dare?"

"Truth." You replied as attitude-free as possible, seeing as you didn't want to be there. Or in Spain, for that matter. You'd much prefer to be back in London and making amends with the Gunners.

"Why are you so grumpy all the time?" The Spainiard was met with multiple slaps to the back of the head.

"Just... tiiired?" You tried weakly, the Barca Femeni sharing a look.

"It's called 'truth' cuz' you're supposed to tell the truth, Y/N." Keria added unhelpfully.

"Just... did an oopsie before I left," you winced at how vulnerable you felt over a game of Truth or Dare.

"Care to elaborate?" Mapi asked, leaning forwards with her hands clasped.

"No," You deadpanned, drawing some giggles from the group. "Bronze, Truth or Dare?"

---------------

Your finger hovered over Katie's contact. It was just a phone call. You could do it, right?

A loud bang followed by heavy Spanish cursing was ultimately what startled you into pressing the button, your finger slipping before you could process what had happened.

Before you could hang up, she answered the call. "Y/N? Hold on, let me get the team."

You froze, throat suddenly drier than your sense of humor.

"Y/N?" Leah asked tentatively, seemingly out of breath. The Gunners were probably at training. "What's going on through that head of yours?"

"I—um—" you stumbled over your own words. "I'm sorry."

The group was silent.

"It's okay. You didn't mean to hurt us." Jordan comforted.

"Still. I'm sorry." Your head lowered.

"Are you crying?" Kyra questioned softly.

"No," your voice wavered. "I'm not crying, you're crying."

Some of the group laughed. "There's that famous Y/N humor."

"I'm so sorry," you apologized again.  "I didn't want to mess up the team dynamics and I‐ I was scared."

"No, Mini McCabe," Alessia cut in. "We overreacted. Me especially. Both parties are at fault. Not just you. So don't pin the blame on just yourself."

"Okay," you said quietly. "Thanks, guys. Can I talk to Katie please? Privately?"

There was a lot of shuffling around on the other end, and a minute later, Katie mumbled, "Y/N... I didn't mean to sound like that. I... you're like family to me, and I'm sorry I overreacted."

You smiled, though the Irish woman whom you'd come to view as a second mom couldn't see it. "Thanks, McCard. Love ya'."

"Love ya' too, Mini-Me."

------------
That last chapter hurt me so bad I  had to write a chapter where they make amends

I should make a course for Blues titled: "How to Hit a Gooner Where it Hurts"

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!