Who's Side Are You On?

TW: Mentions of Blood
------------------------------------

"Let's go, Y/N!" Kim called, holding open the door to the locker room. "Can't beat West Ham without our little firestarter."

After hearing about the beating you'd given some kids in school a few years back, you'd been granted a few impromptu nicknames by your teammates, firestarter being one of the few.

Once, during a game, you'd gotten into a heated argument with Tottenham's Shelina Zadorsky, forcing both the Spurs and the Gunners to separate the two of you.

Katie had jokingly said that Mr. Hothead was fuming, and the Spurs had made the nickname spread like a wildfire. Before you knew it, that was what the reporters and your WSL opponents began referring to you as.

"I'm comin' I'm comin'," you grumbled, standing up. "I just needed to get my West Ham stomping mentality on."

She smiled. "Try to control your temper, okay Baby McCabe?"

You rolled your eyes. "Yes, Mother."

-----------------

"Fuck," you hissed, hands grabbing your ankle and eyes trailing over to the person who'd slide tackled you to the ground for the 20th time that game. "What the hell is your problem, Stapleton?"

"Nothing," she shrugged. "Just doing my job."

She was, in fact, not tackling you out of malicious intent, but you were getting angry, and there was no way in fuck your stubborn ass was gonna let it go.

"You wanna go?" You stood up, adrenaline making any and all pain fade away as you shoved her harshly. "I can go all fookin' day."

"Back off, Y/N," Lisa warned as she placed a hand on your chest, the two of you having met through Viv. "I don't want either of you to get hurt."

You snarled. "She started it! And I never go down without a fight."

"Y/N, calm down," Leah stated, attempting to push you backwards as the rest of the Gunners ran towards you. "We don't need a Mr. Hothead appearance right now. Not when we're this close to the Champion's League Finals."

You shook the many hands off of you, walking torwards the English captain and growling, "Fuck off! Who's side are you on?"

Leah stared at you. "I'm on the winning side. You need to calm yourself down, or there'll be consequences."

At this point, fury had completely overtaken you, clouding all sense of logic.

"You've taken the opponents side over mine? How could you?" You hissed, jabbing a finger at Leah accusingly. "You're my teammate, not Stapleton's!"

"Lotte, go tell Jonas we need a sub," Leah glared, gaze never wavering from you. "Mr. Hothead's being very unreasonable."

"Go, Y/N," Caitlin said gently, nudging you towards the sidelines. "We've got this."

You said nothing, jaw clenched in anger as you stalked towards the locker room.

You fumed as you yanked your jersey over your head in favor of donning a hoodie, still stuck in your thoughts about the game.

You slammed your fist into your locker repeatedly, ignoring the tears that welled up in your eyes.

You only pulled away when there was a crimson stain dripping down the wall next to your jersey, and a matching one on your right hand.

"Screw this," you mumbled to yourself. "I'm outta here."

--------------

You were already long gone and wandering the streets of London by the time the team returned to the locker room.

"Where's Y/N?" Katie shouted over the chatter of the Gunners. "Anyone seen her?"

As they looked around, they'd realized you were nowhere in sight. Viv pushed your jersey out of the way, revealing the blood that was slowly dripping down the side of your locker almost mockingly.

She sucked in a breath. "Hurry up and change. Let's go find her."

----------------

"You fucking no good-" you began, only to get cut off by an incessant shouting.

"Y/N!" Sam called, your sister's girlfriend running to catch you. "I thought you had a game, what're you doing 'ere?"

You merely ignored her, sprinting down the sidewalk and disappearing into the busy streets of London.

--------------

"Sam? What is it? We're sort of busy." Caitlin asked, picking up the phone as her, Katie, Leah, and Kim buckled their seat belts, Leah's car racing through the English roads.

"Isn't Y/N supposed to be with you guys?" The Aussie captain asked.

"Yeah, she blew up during our match earlier and we can't find her."

Sam sucked in a breath. "I've just seen her running near your flat, Cait."

"Thanks, Sam. I'll let you know when we find her." The Forward responded, hanging up the phone. "Sam saw her by my flat, let's go."

------------

"Y/N!" Kim rushed up to your shaking form, the captain engulfing you in a tight hug. "What's the matter?"

You shook your head weakly as the tears began to fall, turning away in favor of staring at the sidewalk. At least the sidewalk wouldn't judge you.

"Y/N," Katie said, tone more gentle and motherly than you'd ever thought possible. "Come here."

That was all it took as you threw yourself into the Irish woman's arms, sobbing uncontrollably as she rocked you back and forth.

"I'm s- I'm sor-" you choked, unable to stop yourself from stuttering.

"It's okay," Katie comforted. "We're not mad."

The five of you just sat on the grass for a few minutes, Katie lulling you to sleep after the exhausting events of the afternoon.

"Kates, Lee, you got her?" Kim whispered.

The two nodded, Leah standing up to help the Irish Defender carry you to the car.

"We'll drop you two off, then we'll take the little one home," Leah replied softly. "We've got her. Always."

-------------

"What-?" You mumbled sleepily as Katie glanced over her shoulder at you.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" She asked, her conversation with Leah and Jordan coming to a halt, the couple sitting across from the both of you on the opposite couch.

"Just a little tired," you yawned, sitting up. "I'm sorry about yest-"

"Don't be," Jordan cut you off. "We all get overwhelmed sometimes."

You only nodded as you moved to stand up, pausing when Katie placed a hand on your knee. "You can always come to me when you're feeling angry. Okay?"

You smiled softly.

"Okay."

------------
This chapter stinks but it's kinda cute

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!