I'm Sorry

I'm a total wreck after writing this stupid chapter I can't believe I've done this
----------------------

"Y/N!" Jonas called. "A word in my office?"

"Yeah, sure," you agreed, your conversation with Lina and Kyra coming to a halt. "I'll talk to you guys later."

"YtN, have a seat," your Manager greeted as the nerves began to kick in. "You're not in amy trouble, don't worry."

You obliged, slowly lowering yourself into the chair opposite of Jonas. "If I'm not I trouble, what's the matter then?"

He paused for a moment. "We were thinking that it would be a good idea... if we were to... send you out on loan."

Your face fell as you averted your eyes to stare at the floor.

"Am I not good enough for this team?" You mumbled aloud, suddenly realizing that Cloe and Gio had been getting more playing time while you sat on the bench.

"No, no, no!" Jonas shook his head. "We just think that it would be a good experience for you."

"Yeah, okay," You agreed half-heartedly. "Where am I going?"

"Barcelona."

You said nothing, dipping your head slightly.

"That sound good?" The Manager prompted, pulling out a few documents and a pen.

"I suppose."

------------------

You were eerily silent as you walked through the door to your shared house with Katie, Leah, and Jordan, a strange contrast to your usually sarcastic and joking persona.

"Hey Y/N," Leah greeted, frowning when you only nodded in response. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," you shrugged, not in the mood to tell your roommates about your club situation. "Just tired."

The three adults shared a glance, knowing you better than to believe your lie.

"Just try to get some rest, 'kay?" Katie instructed.

"Yeah."

After trudging up the stairs, you collapsed face first onto your bed as you began to drift off from the exhaustion of training.

Jonas had said you would be going to Barcelona for 8 months, or in other words, the rest of the season. He'd told you that he'd arranged you to arrive in 2 weeks, meaning you were to leave in 10 days for preparation purposes.

Unwilling to worry your friends or mess up the team dynamics, you kept the new information you'd learned close to your heart as sleep overtook you.

---------------------

"Somethin's wrong with Y/N," Katie declared as you sprinted back and forth across the field while the rest of the Gunners took a water break. "She's actin' strange."

"Yes," Manu agreed. "She is pushing herself more than usual."

Leah had a sudden realization. "Jonas called her into his office a few days ago. Maybe he knows what this is about."

The team nodded in agreement.

Kim left the group and began to head towards their Manager. "I'll go see what's up."

-----------

"Hey, Jonas," she said, tapping him on the shoulder. "Can we talk real quick?"

He nodded. "What's up?"

The Gunners captain cleared her throat. "Y/N's been acting weird. Would you happen to know anything about that?"

Understanding flashed through his eyes. "I thought she would have told you all by now."

"Told us what?"

"It's not my place to tell," he stated, shaking his head. "You have a right to know, though. Y/N!"

You jogged over, stoic face covered in sweat. "Yeah?"

"I think it's time you told them." Jonas advised softly.

You swallowed, nervousness and insecurity flashing across your hardened features. "Guys!"

As they all walked over, you picked at your nails nervously. "I, uh‐ I have something to tell you."

"Go on, don't keep us waiting." Caltin urged.

You hesitated for a moment. "I'm going out on loan."

You were met with momentary silence. "When?"

You abruptly turned away so that your back was to them. "Wednesday. I leave tomorrow."

They said nothing, shocked as you turned your head slowly.

"We're family, Y/N," Leah growled, pained. "Family doesn't keep things like this from each other."

Katie was even worse, eyes were full of betrayal. "I treated you like a daughter, and this is how you repay me?"

You were unable to move, frozen as if the words being spoken to you were poison. "I—"

"Why?" It was a word uttered by Alessia, eyes full of anger and hatred that was closely mirrored by your other teammates, something that you'd never seen before.

"I'm sorry." you choked, sprinting off to thr locker room to gather your things and leave.

You'd made a mistake. Keeping the loan a secret was a thing that you'd done in an attempt to protect your teammates, but it had done the opposite.

Leaving the Gunners on such a bad note certainly meant one thing.

Your time with Arsenal was over.

----------------
I'm crying wtf

I hope you enjoyed (I didn't 😭)

Thanks for reading 😢 (I hate myself so much rn what am I doing)