I'm Fine, It's Fine, Everythin's Fine

Just got assaulted by some big ass jumping spider thing and now I'm traumatized 😭 pls send emotional support
-----------

"Hey Vlatko," you greeted, picking up the phone. "What's crackin'?"

"Hi, Y/N," he said, amused. "I was just wondering if you'd like to participate in the USWNT's pair of friendlies against Australia and the Netherlands?"

You grinned. "Sure!"

"Great, thank you. I'll email you the details?"

"Yeah, thanks Vlatko, bye!"

---------------

"So, Y/N," Jordan started as you sat down on the couch. "Any plans this month or you just gonna stay home?"

You shrugged, browsing for a movie to watch. "Gotta pack for a pair of friendlies in 2 weeks."

"Who?" Leah chimed in, looking up from her phone. "Is it Ireland? Katie's got some friendlies coming up too."

You shook your head. "Nah, Australia and the Netherlands."

"Ooh! Let's call Cait!" Jordan exclaimed. "Okay, here she is."

The three of you waited as the phone rang for a minute, Caitlin's face finally appearing across Jordan's screen.

"Hey guys!" She waved. "What's up?"

Leah smirked. "Guess who's playing in some friendlies soon?"

The Aussie thought for a moment, eyes widening when you threw up a peace sign.

"What up, Caity?" You asked lazily.

"No!" She protested, pointing at you accusingly. "No, I don't wanna!"

You laughed. "You could always tell Tony you changed your mind."

The Forward looked conflicted as her eyes darted back and forth. "Well-"

"Y/N, don't be such a tease," Leah chided while Jordan laughed, spitting out her water and onto you as you sputtered. "Jordan, clean that up."

It was then Katie walked in, confused at the scene unfolding in front of her. "Hoi guys... Why's Jordan and Little Mewis all wet?"

----------------

"Y/N, you got your boots? All your clothes? Your chargers? Your-"

"Yes, Mother," you stated sarcastically. "I've got it all, Katie. You've asked me, like, 30 times since we left home."

"I'm just checkin'," she insisted as she pulled into the airport. "You never know."

"C'mon, McCabe, let's go," you grumbled in annoyance. "We've got flights to catch."

------------------------

"You'd better call," Katie sniffled as she squeezed you tightly. "I'm gonna miss you."

"Okay, will do," you wheezed, patting her on the back weakly. "Can't breathe."

"Sorry‐ now off you go before I cry again."

-------------

"Mm' back- oof," you grunted as you trudged into the hotel lobby, half-asleep. "Why's you all so clingy?"

"Y/N!" Mal squealed, grasping you tightly by the shoulders. "We missed you!"

Alex smacked you on the back of the head. "Why didn't you call? Or text? Or answer the damn phone?"

"I was fookin' busy roastin' the shit out of me Gunners, I don't have time to 'aNsWeR tHe DaMn pHoNe'." You mocked.

"Oh my God- fuck you!"