Mr. Hot Head

Just a quick, funny filler chapter that you definitely don't have to read to understand the next one 😁😁😁 (except for the nickname, you might actually want to read this chapter)
-------------

"I'm gonna miss you!" Sonnett whined dramatically, throwing her arms around you as you squirmed awkwardly.

"I'm gonna miss you too..." You trailed off, cringing as you tried to get away from the Reign player. "Could you get off me now? I don't want to get cooties."

She looked offended, shoving you away and sticking her tongue out as your teammates laughed. "I don't have cooties!"

"Yeah, okay," you mumbled under your breath before Sam flicked your ear. "Ow!"

"Don't be a tease, Y/N," Sam chided. "Be nice."

"I am nice!" You huffed indignantly as the team strolled through the airport. "Don't be jealous just because I'm funnier than you."

"You aren't even funny!" Sam bantered. "You're more washed than Nicolas Cage!"

"For real?" You pouted. "I was just about to say your skin is glowing."

Your sister's face softened. "Awwww, really?"

You smiled cheekily. "Yeah. From the radiation of your toxic ass personality."

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

---------------

"Do you have to go?" Mal frowned as your flight was called, giving your hand a squeeze.

"Yeah," you smiled apologetically. "I've got some WSL butt to kick."

"Oookay." She whined as the remaining USWNT members wrapped you in a hug.

"I'll call tomorrow," you said, stepping away from the group. "You can't get rid of me that easily!"

--------------

"Guess who's baaaaaack!" You singsonged as you waltzed through the door.

"Y/N!"

Katie, Jordan, and Leah wrapped you in a tight hug.

"Wrong!" You stated sarcastically. "It's Taylor Swift!"

Leah smacked you on the back of the head. "I was just 'bout to say I missed you."

You smirked. "I can't say the same about you."

The English captain gaped as Katie and Jordan were unable to hold in their hearty laughter. "You're so mean!"

"Awww, I'm sorry," you answered, voice dripping with false sympathy. "Did I hurt your ego? Do you want Jordy to kiss it?"

Katie laughed even harder as the couple's faces turned red with embarrassment. "That's a good one!"

"You're getting extra chores for the week," Leah grumbled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she spoke. "You little menace."

"I don't have any trash to take out today, but I volunteer you as tribute." You retaliated.

"I hate you," she sighed, rubbing her temples. "You're so annoyin'."

"D'you hear that?" You asked, cupping a hand to your ear, the group falling silent as they listened intently. "It's the sound of me not caring."

Leah groaned.

"You suck!"

---------------

"Hi Jonas," you mumbled tiredly, the man grinning and pulling you into a tight hug. "Oh, we're hugging now? Okay, I guess."

"Little Mewis!" He beamed. "You've done us all proud!"

"Thanks," you said, rubbing your eyes due to waking up early for training. "I've just got to prepare myself for when the girls get he-"

"Little Mewis!" Manu cheered as the team walked through the doors of Arsenal's training center.

You turned white. "Speak of the devils."

--------------

You'd make it through practice relatively okay, other than a slight clip to your ankle from Amanda during an 11-aside.

"So, Y/N," Viv asked as you, her, Katie, Alessia, and Kyra left the compound. "What've you been up to?"

"Oh, y'know," you answered. "The usual. Annoying Leah every chance I get."

Katie chuckled. "Steam was comin' out of 'er ear's yesterday."

Alessia shook her head in amusement. "Poor Leah."

"Hey! I'm not that bad." You feigned offense.

"Yes, you are." She deadpanned.

You glared at Lioness playfully. "I've never been a great cook, but I can still roast your dumb ass."

Your hearty chuckle could be heard as you began a light jog back home, seeing as you preferred a nice run over carpooling with the others.

"You little shit!" Alessa exclaimed, shaking her fist in mock anger. "Curse you Perry the Platypus!"
(If you don't get the reference, you're a menace to society)

---------------

"Oi Y/N?" Steph inquired. "How come you're so witty?"

You looked up from your phone to find all of your teammates looking g at you expectantly.

"I used to get bullied in middle school for playing Soccer as a girl," you shrugged, placing your phone down on the coffee table. "A quick comeback was good for shutting people up."

There was a brief pause.

"You don't get bullied anymore, right?" Beth asked hesitantly.

You scoffed. "Of course not. They're all afraid of me now."

"Because you play professional Football?"

You smirked. "Because I beat them up."

------------

"Oi Kristie!" Katie called from the kitchen while you talked to your sister in the phone. "Y/N said she beat some kids up at school for makin' fun of 'er, is that true?"

Kristie chuckled. "Yeah, apparently she blew up and kicked them all in the face."

You turned red. "I did not! I just punched them a little."

The two launched into a fit of giggles.

"Y/N's got worse anger issues than I do!" Katie said, grinning. "We need a good on-the-pitch name for this firecracker, Kristie!"

Your sister smiled as you sputtered. "Sam and I usually call her Mr. Hot Head."

Katie cackled. "It's perfect."

-----------
Hope yall at least smiled to some of these jokes

Thanks for reading!