Chapter Eleven

I wandered down the streets of Snow Beach for a long time, I'm not sure how long. I weaved in and out between all the vacation goers on the sidewalks. I had figured I was headed towards the Double L, but I didn't actually realize it until I was at the front door. I guess I really was starting to find my niche here in  Snow Beach.

I climbed up the ladder, not really knowing if anyone would be there or not, but once again, I just knew. As I opened the trap door, I was surprised however, that it was just the girl's in the loft. Well, the girls plus Josh. He spent 99% of his time staring at Avery anyways.

"Rae, where have you been! I've been texting you all day!" Avery said as I popped my head in. I climbed in to the loft and took a seat on the couch next to Meg and Raven. Avery sat in a chair across from us and Josh sat at her feet.

"Sorry, I got a new phone. Here put your numbers in," I said, as I passed around my phone. "Where is everyone else?"

"They're out doing damage control," Meg replied. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "Josie is back in town." The three girls, plus Josh all looked at me as though I'm supposed to act shocked, but I'm not.

"She doesn't know Jo's shit enough to be frustrated like us," Raven laughed. "Anyways, Jo showed up at Patrick's house last night and... what happened again, Meg?"

"Well, I don't have a clue. All I heard was some high pitched yelling, some low pitched yelling, one slamming house door, two slamming car doors, and a car driving off in to the distance," Meg explained.

"Did they leave together?" I asked, almost too quickly, but I was filled with jealousy. 

"I have no idea. By the time I looked out the window everyone was gone. I don't know Josie drove to our house and drove home alone or if she walked and they left together, I have no idea," Meg shrugged.

"After the B-SAC closed the guys all took Patrick to the Cove to get drunk and get the story out of him," Josh continued.

"One thing to know about Patrick is when he's drunk, you can get anything out of him," Raven states.

"Yeah, " Meg agreed. "It's like that wall he puts up disintigrates with alcohol." The group turned back to the TV and I sat and began to think out the timeline of these events.

Patrick had called Lance to help him out with his car in the middle of our date. He had said that he was in Grafton, Granton, something that was an hour and a half away. If Jo and Patrick were really in some sort of heated arguement, it would seem believable that they ended up an hour and a half away. That upset me. I didn't want to believe Patrick would give her the time of day. 

I remembered though that Jo had come to my house literally 30 seconds after I arrived home from Lance's date. So there is no way that Patrick could be stuck an hour and a half away with Josie ten minutes before she shows up at my house! Plus, Lance would have been there to see Jo, but he didn't! Instant relief washed over me, because I knew Patrick didn't run off with Jo! I didn't understand why I was so relieved. I kept trying to get the idea of Patrick out of my mind.

After sluething to the truth, I pondered the idea to tell them about Jo coming to my house. As much as I wanted to, I decided it would be best to talk to Patrick first. As upset I was about Patrick storming away from me the day before, I needed to talk to him. Pronto.

"Alright, well I gotta go!" I said quickly.

"But you just got here!" Raven said. 

"I know, but I just realized I left the oven on!" I ran out of the the loft and started walking quickly back towards my house and then beyond to the Cove. As I walked past my house I couldn't help but shudder and think why all the lights were off, but I headed towards the distant light of a flickering campfire.