ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ.

the helicopter was pointing its light into the school windows. the men dropped their ropes and hooked it onto the metal bars of the roof. three of the men climbed down into the lab, one stayed behind. they smash through the windows and all we could hear was gunfire. the man that had stayed behind, was holding the mens ropes and looking over at me. he was saying stuff into his walkie talkie.

I felt Su-hyeoks arm wrap around my back and rub my shoulder. i was shivering from the cold wind being formed by the helicopter. Nam-ra was still next to me, her heated blanket was slipping off her. i hold the heating blanket around Nam-ra as she covers her ears. the loud noise from the gunfire and the helicopter was hurting her ears; since the bite had made her senses heightened. Joon-yeong took a step forward, away from the group. Dae-su followed, curious of what Joon-yeong was doing.

"they're looking for something, but what?" I thought for a moment, "maybe Mr. beong-chans laptop with his notes on it? They probably think there is a cure in his laptop notes; that or there is a cure." I was thinking out loud now.
"a cure?" Su-hyeok looked down at me, hope in his eyes. I nod slightly and look over at Joon-yeong and Dae-su; it looked like Joon-yeong realized what they were doing too.

"Hey, why does that special missions guy keep looking at you, Y/n?" wu-jin whispered to me. I thought for a second. it can't be, right?

I look back over to the special missions man who was already looking at me. I could tell it was makes Su-hyeok mad.
"i think its my fathers right hand man, Sota but why is he here? he was ex military." i stated.
"your father's right hand man?" Su-hyeok asked. i nodded in response.

the gunfire started up again, more bullets being shot now. they probably are trying to get out.

the helicopter was slowly flying up now. it was circling around the building and came to a holt. the men were climbing back onto the roof.

"you go first master sergeant." the man that sounded familiar spoke. The other one nodded and ran past us. he got himself hooked and they pulled him back up into the helicopter.
"we will pull you up one at a time. stay still, even if youre scared. okay?" I knew it had to be sota now. he was looking directly at me as he spoke.
"youre not landing the chopper?" Ji-min asked.
"we cant. it can get unstable. he's gonna pull you up, don't worry." He took a glance at Ji-min then back to me, "glad to see youre alive, Y/n." he said with a chuckle.
"you really thought i wasn't gonna make it?" I said with a small smirk.

We all turn and watch the man being rose up into the helicopter, it was slow but nothing we could do other than wait.

"you cant go all at once, so lets go one at a time. one by one." He said.
"you can't take us all?" Cheong-san was quick to ask.
"we can, but it has to be one by one." He said while walking just below the helicopter.
"Ji-min, you go first." On-jo said, grabbing Ji-mins arms.
"yeah you first." Wu-jin put his hand on her back and walked her to the helicopter.

the men strap her in and hook the rope onto the vest they put Ji-min in. the man then points his thumb up, indicating to start pulling her up. we all watch as she is risen into the air.

Sota grabs his walkie talkie and walks away from us.
"say that again. did you mean everyone? but their temperatures are fine." his demeanor changed. "they're just children." he looked over at us. "understood. over." He looked at me, sarrow in his eyes. "cancel the operation. we will take just the package and pull out!"

Ji-min starts to slowly lower back down to us.
"woah hey."
"come on, what?"
"wait a second!"
"shes coming down! why is she coming down?"
"whats wrong?" Cheong-san looked at dae-su. He was clueless as well. everyone was. the two men who were strapping in Hyo-ryung, stop and unstrap her. they both were pushing her away, back to us. they pushed her, dae-su thankfully catching her. Ji-min was now back on the roof. the two men unstrap her. they werent listening to us or answering any of our questions.
"pull me back up. just pull me back up! god damn it! im not going back! im not going, im not going! take me with you!" Ji-min was now screaming at them. she was putting up a small fight. Nam-ras hand squeezed my shoulder for a moment, then she put her hand back on her ear. I looked over at her, i put my arm around her back, for comfort. Su-hyeok looks at us both with a frown and a look of confusion.

The men then push Ji-min back into us. Dae-su and Wu-jin grabbing her.
"i wanna get out of here! please!" Ji-min stepped forward. the men put their guns up to us.
"whats wrong with you? were fine!" Dae-su said pleadingly.

Sota was listening into his walkie. he sighed out before raising his gun and saying something.
"everyone needs to back up. Y/n come on. orders are to take only you." He walked to me and grabbed my upper arm. Su-hyeok put his hand on Sota's arm, but quickly took it off when the gun was pointed at him. He pulled me to the helicopter and tried strapping me in.
"im not going with you! you can tell my father to go fuck himself! we are all fine!" i said glaring at Sota.
"if she wont come with then fine. she can die for all i care. i will tell her mother she tragically passed." i heard my father say from the walkie talkie. in that moment, i didn't care what he had to say even if it was about mom.

i was pushed back into the others. Su-hyeok grabbed me, pulling me into his chest. the men all pointed their guns, hesitating.
"my father is telling them to shoot." I said quietly. Su-hyeok looked at me with narrowed brows. he was worried and concerned. to many things were happening at once; and way to fast.

"stand back or we'll shoot!"

╰┈➤ 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧 'ˎ˗
✎ i just went back and edited this whole fanfic so you should definitely go back to reread because i added quite a lot! if you are confused of who Sota is, then go back to the flashback! i also added a big part about Y/n and Gwi-nams backstory!! 🫠