ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ. (ʜᴀꜱ ᴀ ꜰʟᴀꜱʜʙᴀᴄᴋ.)

Everything around me got quite, only ringing in my ears. I could hear muffled voices and movements around me. I put my hand on the back of my head, there was blood. Shit. The hose hit me in the back of the head. I wasn't panicked or anything, this had happened to me before. Not a hose hitting me in the head but, my dad hitting me with a book. 'Trying to knock the knowledge into me' were his words. What a bastard.

I couldn't keep my eyes open. I closed them to rest for a minute. I just needed to rest for a couple seconds. I guess in reality, I was passing out.

When I opened my eyes, I was back in my house. How did I get back here? Was it all a dream? I walk around trying to look for my mother. She was usually wondering the hallways, looking for something to do or smoking with my father. I walk to my fathers office, he was always in there. I swear that was the only room I ever saw him in. Only on occasions he would come out and have dinner with us. I looked in, seeing myself; little me, kneeling in front of him. "I hope that will knock the knowledge into you!" he screams. I watch as my small figure was laying on the ground. My hands bawled up into fists. My nails were dug into my palms so hard that there was a bit of blood. I was crying quietly with my head down. I watch this moment from afar. Sota standing next to my father. a look of sadness on his face. I could feel the same anger i felt back then. I looked down at my hands and could still see the faint scars on my palms. It was the first time he had ever hit me. he was abusive but normally just mentally. God, why would my mother marry such a man.

He wasn't my real dad. My mother got pregnant at a young age. She never regretted me though, my real dad did. He left us when I was finally born. We didnt have the support of her parents or his. My mom and I were very poor until I was the age of 3, then my mom met him. Kain was my step fathers name. He was the only father I really knew so I just called him that. His parents wanted him to get married and wouldn't stop talking about it. They were going to have an arranged marriage but Kain refused. Marriage was the least of my father's concerns but he didnt want it to be arranged either. He wanted to be in control of when he got married and to who he got married to. My mom and him bumped into each other on the street. He was on his way to work and she was holding me. He saw we were homeless and offered my mother a deal. She was to marry him to please his parents and she would get money to support me. Without hesitation, she accepted. It wasn't a big house nor were we that rich but it was enough for me to be able to eat and have a place to sleep. Growing up I wasn't allowed to hang out with the other kids. I was to always be in my room keeping myself busy or off reading in the library. I didnt mind reading but i hated the library. To old and spooky for my little mind to handle. sometimes Sota had time to play dolls with me but he rarely had that free time, being my dads right hand man and all. He hated what my dad did to me and my mother but there wasn't anything he could do to stop it from happening. I was allowed to go outside, I just had to stay on our property. My favorite spot was a cherry tree. it was a big one with long branches. I would climb up and read my books there. It was my only escape.

my mother changed after living with him for a few years; 2 to be exact. She would always protect me and I would be her number one priority. Now, I wasn't. she kept to herself and helped out my father when he needed it. He became her number one priority. She always had to make sure he was satisfied with what was going. she seemed so out of touch with reality as well. im not sure if my Father was drugging her or if she was just drunk all the time. Either could be very possible.

My father was never a parent to me though. He made sure I was fed, I had a place to sleep and i was clean but that was about it. He couldn't care less about my well being, or who i was as a person. The only reason I went to see drs when I was sick and I was fed and kept clean was so he could keep up the act for his parents. They would visit sometimes and we would have to act like a happy family. If when they would visit and I didn't meet his standards, he would get mad at me and lock me in my room for hours. Sota always snuck me snacks and water. he was even gonna buy me a mini fridge but Father would have noticed, so he didn't.

I had to get good grades and be good at everything. He didn't want me to ruin the family name. His family name. I was forced to do sports and clubs in middle school. When I got to high school he sort of just stopped caring. I was never sure what happened but I was sure glad about it. I was able to go out and do things on my own, I didn't have to do stupid sports and clubs anymore. The only problem was, I had no friends now. Since everyone else grew up being close and I was kept inside, I had no one. I didn't mind though, i just kept to myself and smoked. I hated wearing the school uniforms so most days my dad would just pay off the school so i could wear whatever. He just did it to shut me and the school up.

╰┈➤ 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧 'ˎ˗
✎ Here is some of the backstory, if anything is not clear feel free to ask!