ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ.

we all sat back down in a circle around the fire.
"what the hell is with that kid gwi-nam. you said he got bitten?" Joon-yeong looked at cheong-san. Joon-yeong had a big scar across his nose now. it wasn't too deep but may leave a faint scar.
"i don't know. it looks like he became something totally different." Cheong-san said. he had a couple of cuts on his face. small but some deep.
"i don't think he can die." Su-hyeok stated. His face was okay, his lip was a bit messed up and his shoulder was hurt. he was trying to stretch it out. i got up and sad behind him, putting my hands on his shoulders and digging my thumbs into his back, releasing the pain that was built up in his back from the fight.
"what if he just climbs back up?" Wu-jin asks. he had a cut on his left cheek. He looked around to everyone to see who else was as panicked as him.
"hes bad enough. but to be honest, im scared of nam-ra too. you saw her fighting before." Ji-min said.
"i think its reasonable to say they are both half-bies-" Dae-su started but hyo-ryung hit his arm. "what?"

Ji-min looks at Nam-ra. "are you really okay, Nam-ra? you wouldnt do that to us, right?"
Nam-ra looked at her. "would you believe me if i said i wouldn't?"
"why do you have to say it like that? can you at least try to make us believe you?"
i glare ar Ji-min. "i believe her." I stated. "she defended us when he just attacked, why would she attack us herself now?" I was now sitting next to Su-hyeok and Nam-ra, like i was before. Nam-ra looked down.
"we will be together anyways." Hyo-ryung stated.
"i have never done anything but study. i dont think i was naive, i think i was a coward. i was scared my grades would drop and my mom would get mad, so i didnt do anything." she looked up at the fire. you could tell she was recalling memories from the past. i couldn't tell good nor bad. "i was to scared to make friends. my mom would always ask what rank they were in class, what their parents did, how big their house was. I was always comfortable with Y/n because of her ranking and who her father was, how they had a nice house. i knew it would please my mother so i was okay with letting Y/n in." She looked at me and softly smiled, then looked back at the fire. "i never thought id get the chance to sit around a fire with you all like this. its very nice. If we somehow manage to get out of here. i really hope we can make a fire, and hang out again." She looked around.
"sure, lets do it. if anyone wants to make a fire, we can all get together." I said, looking at Nam-ra. She nodded and smiled.
"sorry, Nam-ra" Ji-min said. I smiled a bit.
"woah, did you just smile? awkward." dae-su chuckled.
"hey, come on." Hyo-ryung said.
"what, what now?" Dae-su whined.
"why dont you two just date already, youre both so annoying." Wu-jin stated.
"hell no." "Crazy." They both said at the same time.

"did you hear that?" Nam-ra looks at me.
"no? what do you hear?" i ask.
"is it gwi-nam again?" Wu-jin asked.
"just listen." Nam-ra said.
everyone was looking panicked as they were turning every direction, trying to hear what nam-ra was hearing.
"what is it?" Hyo-ryung asked.
"i don't see anything- hold on, i hear a helicopter." Cheong-san said, standing up. he walked to the edge. everyone else stands up and follows him. Nam-ra got up and reached her hand out for me. i took it and stood up, putting my arm around her shoulder. We both walked to the others.
"hey, they see us! the fire!" Dae-su said.
Cheong-san and wu-jin grabbed wooden pieces from the fire and held them up, waving them at the helicopter.
everyone was yelling and waving their hands; doing something to get the helicopters attention. Dae-su sits on his knees on the edge, waving one of the wooden sticks that was on fire. Joon-yeong wraps his arms around him, so he wouldn't fall.
Su-hyeok was jumping and waving his arms. Me and Nam-ra stayed quiet. she was helping me stand. i covered her ears for her, due to the helicopter and its loudness.

The helicopter turned on its light, pointing it at all of us. everyone was still screaming. Everyone was jumping for joy now, not just for the helicopter to see them. Su-hyeok wraps his arm around my waist and pulled me to him. Nam-ra let go and stood behind me, holding my hand still. i think it was for her comfort but i didn't mind. Su-hyeok cupped my cheeks and closed his eyes, kissing me passionately. i was in shock. I slowly closed my eyes and kissed back. Nam-ra saw and squeezed my hand a bit. I didn't realize i was the one now holding onto her hand. I let it go and wrapped my arm around Su-hyeok's neck. He pulled back and smiled down at me. "we are getting out of here." He looked me in the eyes but his attention was quickly turned to the ladder falling down out of the helicopter.

Nam-ra covered her ears. The noise was to loud for her. The wind picked up, making us all stumble back a bit. two guys came down from the helicopter. they had their guns out at us. two more dropped from the helicopter. Cheong-san walked to one of them.
"get down. all of you." he pointed the gun at us.
"sir, can you please help us?" Dae-su had his hands up.
"face down on the ground! get down!"
we all slowly got down, we all lay on our stomachs. Su-hyeok had his arm wrapped around me. i couldn't lie, i was scared. two of the men went around to each of us, checking our temperatures. I look at Nam-ra who was next to me. She covered her eye with her hair then reached her hand to grab mine. i held her hand tightly and squeezed for comfort. The man checked Su-hyeok and then me; we were both clear. He then went to nam-ra. it flashed red.
"temperatures 34.5. provide me a warming blanket." one man said, the other one walked over and wrapped it over Nam-ra.
"we will rescue after the mission is complete. over." One of the men said.
"you can get up now." the first man said. the second one kept eyeing me. he seemed so familiar but so different. Who the hell is he? I kept looking at him as he looked back at me.

We all stood up. Su-hyeok helped me up and had a hand on my waist. Nam-ra got up, grabbing my hand again for comfort and interlocking our fingers. It was comforting to me too.
"are you the only survivors?" the first man asked.
"we dont really know. there are probably others." Cheong-san answered.
"we are going down for a few minutes. wait right here."
"are you not gonna rescue us?" Ji-min pushed past Wu-jin.
"yes we will, so don't go anywhere. don't do anything just wait here. understand?"
We all nod; understanding what he was saying. all the guns-men all went to the ledge.

╰┈➤ 𝙀𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧 'ˎ˗
✎ Happy (late) New Year to all of you! i hope 2024 treats you all well. i am extremely sorry! i got busy with family for the holidays and had no time to post🫠. i am back and ready to finish this book! so glad we finally got the first kiss😉.