Somewhere only we know

|This could be the end of everything // so why don't we go - somewhere only we know|

..

Chaeyoung had never been a fan of oceans - in fact she was never a fan of any bodies of water. She was terrified of sea creatures. A fear she had growing up - there was no trauma attached to it she just didn't like the ocean - big deal.

Much to her ordeal though, her family lived near the ocean - they owned a beach house and lived their ever since she was born. Her family was fairly small and then it got smaller and then bigger - which all sounds confusing but it's better than saying her mom had divorced her father and soon after her father remarried and had 2 other kids.

Although this happened when she was fairly young - she haven't begun to properly adjust to the fact that she was calling someone else "Mom" and had 2 siblings that she never really knew.

It was like she was shut off from the world. She attended school, kept a low profile - occassionally talked to people but other than that she had nothing. There were a few occassional classmates who she was close enough to call friends.

The place where she lived was fairly large so a lot of the people she goes to school comes unnoticed to her unless they did something that made her annoyed or amused - it was mostly the first one.

One particularly uneventful morning, her dad cooked the usual breakfast (bacon and eggs) gave them money for school - her step-mom always offered to drop her off to school since it was on her way to work but she always politely declined. Chaeyoung never really knew why she declined, back then the reason was because she didn't trust her but now she doesn't know why she keeps declining. Call it a system.

School was bland to her, she wasn't smart as Einstein but topics and subjects come off as easy to her with very little time. She was a fool to think that this would be a normal class but nope, their homeroom teacher - Miss Daisy had arranged for a group project

"A sand castle" Miss Daisy announced

"What are we, 8?" Jennie Kim asked, she was one of the classmates that Chaeyoung liked.

"You might be seniors but you need this graduate - I want a full presentation of a sand castle and it's connection to you"

The project was unfortunenately individual so she has to do this by herself.

"So how you plan on doing this?" Jennie asks her, knowing her fears of the ocean

"I'll be fine if I do it like very far away from the water" Chaeyoung shrugs, though she dreaded the thought

"Lisa and I will do it later, do you wanna tag along?" Jennie offered with a kind smile, which was a little funny because Jennie wasn't the kind type of girl but she was to Chaeyoung

She nodded, "Sure, thanks"

Later that day, the three went to the beach as planned but Jennie said her cousin was tagging along. Apparently she has a cousin visiting for the week and Jennie "needed" to spend time with her.

Chaeyoung was not anti-social, she knew how to talk to people she just goes out her way not to -so she is anti-social.

The "Cousin" Jennie described as a "Mountain troll" was actually a gorgeous (even by her standards) woman called Jisoo

Lisa knew the cousin, in fact they seemed closer. Chaeyoung gave her a polite nod and left to do her project, she couldn't care less even though this was an insanely beautiful woman.

She ddin't go to the beach and therefore never really knew how to make sturdy sand castles but she'll make up for the explanation.

...