In every universe

|And at the end of the day,
this is my wish:
to love you
with all my stars
and dreams|

//Alexandra Vasiliu

•×•

Thet say that endings can be a start of something beautiful but Jisoo can't see the beauty at the end of her marriage.

At 35 she can say she had lived a fulfilled life, she's a doctor on her own right - a respected one at that, she's financially stable, a house in the city and in the suburbs, a wife - she has a wife, at least until the divorce is finalize.

Chaeyoung is 2 years younger than her, a lawyer, a very in demand lawyer. Jisoo wants to blame it on their jobs - her wife was barely home and she barely noticed.

It was...weird at the end. They never fought, there was no shouts or harsh words, just silent acceptance. she guess that's what happens when people fall out love - the only problem was she didn't fall out love.

Jisoo was still very in love with Chaeyoung, She is still her first thought in the morning and the last at night, she is still her weakness, her strength and she doesn't think she'll ever love someone like that again.

The wedding ring on her finger feels heavy as Chaeyoung quietly demanded for a divorce - her hands combing through her blonde hair (a nervous habit she had picked during their college years) she was explaining to Jisoo what will happen to their shared assets, their house, dogs, cars - everything. She had thought this though, Jisoo thinks.

That was three weeks ago, Chaeyoung opted to staying with Lisa and Jennie, their married friends but Jisoo can't find the strength to come home to an empty house - although Chaeyoung thinks she barely notice if she's alone in the house, she feels different. She feels...sad.

Lisa is a doctor like her, Jisoo knew her even before she knew she wanted to be a doctor. She's like a sister to her in every way possible which then gives her the right to scold (comfort) Jisoo.

"You know what?" Lisa slurs, she likes getting drunk on her rare day offs and Jisoo likes spending hers with Chaeyoung

"What?" She asks, unamused

"I blame it on your parents" Lisa burps, "I mean you turned out great...even better than I hoped for" Jisoo glares at her

"But you know some things are just deep rooted, like how you process your emotions at a snail's pace because you grew in a unaffectionate household"

"I can process my emotions very well" she huffs

"I..I don't think so, we grew up together and I can still count the times you showed visible emotion and that's not normal"

Before Jisoo could say her rebuttal Lisa is already speaking, "Your wife just divorced your ass, you should bawling your eyes out right now but instead your working your ass off and drinking lightly on your day off"

By the end of her speech Lisa had her face down on the table and Jisoo is already dialing Jennie's number.

Maybe Lisa was right, did her parent's loveless marriage rubbed off her? She didn't want to think about it - it upsets her to the very core that after all those years of trying to be better than her parents she still ended up becoming like them.

Cold, unaffectionate and closed off, although to be fair she was already like that before and one person managed to change all that.

...

Jennie arrived at the bar, she greeted Jisoo with a kiss on the cheeks and a flick on the forehead to her wife.

"Ugh, Manoban" Jennie groans and Jisoo helps her load the other doctor on her car