26

EXT. TREE & MEADOW – DAY

HR stands near the same tree as before, clenching flowers in her fist and singing angrily, on the verge of tears. Tae comes as soon as she finishes the first round. HR throws the flowers down.

HYE-RYUNG
What did you do to him? Where is he? When will he be back?

TAE
(a bit serious, some sadness)
It's nice to see you too.

HYE-RYUNG
Is this you or the gods?

TAE
Entirely the gods, little one.

HYE-RYUNG
Are you still disconnected from him?

TAE
No, I just saw him recently actually. We had a rather heart-warming reunion.

HYE-RYUNG
(breathless)
You saw him? Is he well? Will he be back soon?

TAE
I am not able to answer your questions.

HYE-RYUNG
Are you going to help him?

TAE
I cannot. I have another charge to take care of at the moment, someone who needs my help more urgently.

HYE-RYUNG
What? What's that supposed to mean? How can you put someone else above your brother?

TAE
(serious, commanding)
I am a demi-god, Hye-ryung-a. You are a single human being, and a young one at that. Do not fool yourself into thinking that you know better than we do. Be still and wait.

HYE-RYUNG
Wait? I am waiting! How long am I meant to wait? If you tell me then I can manage.
(silence)
How can you tell me to wait and give me so little to live off of? If you just tell me how he is or what he said. If you just tell me what he is doing. Can't you help me to understand?
(silence)
Is this really all you can do? It's no wonder our world is in such a state when this is what we have in charge of everything. Tell me how to invoke someone more capable or more compassionate.
(silence)
Can't you give me anything? Can't you help us at all?

TAE
What did he tell you when he left?

HYE-RYUNG
He said he'd come back as soon as he could. And that he loved me.

TAE
Then he will and he does. Little one, that is more than enough.

Tae disappears.

HYE-RYUNG
No, no, no.
(twists and turns looking for him, yells)
Why does everyone keep disappearing?
(quieter)
Please come back. Have mercy on him if you can't have mercy on me.