50

EPILOGUE

INT. SITTING ROOM/VARIOUS LOCATIONS IN PALACE – DAY

A woman holds a baby in her arms as a toddler and child play nearby. The door is heard opening and the woman is seen raising her head and smiling.

DAUGHTER
Hello, Mother.

KIM MI-SOOK
Hello, dear.
(to all of them, leaning down to tickle the toddler)
How are we today?

V.O. runs while showing the families and servants in the palace, then showing Gwi and HR returning, dinner parties, walks in the garden, etc.

HYE-RYUNG V.O.
As a demi-god there was no trouble at all finding Kim Mi-Sook's daughter and family. Her husband had died years ago and her daughter's family was very pleased to join us in the palace. Gwi has given the palace as a gift to Kim Mi-sook and Lee Seong, and it will pass down to the heads of their families as long as they choose to keep it. Somehow, even without the king's support now, the finances never seem to run out. I think this is Gwi's doing, but he pretends that it is the servants' work. Of course, despite allowing them to do otherwise, they insist on maintaining our chambers and the throne room as before for our visits, though there are two thrones now.

INT./EXT. FLASHES OF VAROIUS PEOPLE/PLACES – DAY & NIGHT

Showing Gwi and HR and their work with various people in both happy, sad, and dangerous situations. Showing HR trying her powers and studying, discussing with Gwi, etc.

HYE-RYUNG V.O. (CONT'D)
Gwi and I continue our work together. Sometimes we share charges, sometimes we have our own. I can almost make a flower now and my reading material is entirely from the higher realms until I master it. But, much to their dismay I'm sure, I still don't agree with the gods on everything. Maybe someday I'll get there.

Showing clips of parties with their dearest friends.

HYE-RYUNG V.O. (CONT'D)
We attend the most lavish parties now with the other demi-gods on our level. Hyeon and Tae have become family to me; I never could have imagined as a child feeling so safe and loved. Soo-ji is the best friend I've ever had, though I'm afraid I may be a bad influence on her patience and deference. She has been challenging the gods lately over the lack of romance in her life. I believe they will grant her request, though she will not like the wait. None of us do.

Showing clips of Gwi and HR, very similar to/same as the montage of prayers that Gwi received from HR before, but without the children. HR now just beginning to show a pregnancy.

HYE-RYUNG V.O. (CONT'D)
And Gwi? What could I possibly say about Gwi? In what terms, in what language, could I even begin to express the inexpressible? If, knowing now everything that has happened, everything that we have been through together and apart, I were asked to start over again, I would happily do it without a second thought, a hundred times, a thousand times. The suffering of the past was a passing shadow, light and momentary, and the joy we have now, the immense gratitude that infuses every part of me, is unspeakable. Love, sacrificial, enduring love is the greatest gift we have. And I intend to give that to him for as long as they'll let me. So at least I agree with the gods on something.

THE END