𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

ᴏʜ, ᴛᴀꜱᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏʀᴅ ɪꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ! ʙʟᴇꜱꜱᴇᴅ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ʀᴇꜰᴜɢᴇ ɪɴ ʜɪᴍ!

ᴘꜱᴀʟᴍ 34:8

Margo could barely get out of bed. Her leg felt like it was on fire. She gently climbed out of bed, carefully not to hurt herself. She accidentally bumped her leg into her sharp cross. "Ow!" she said.

She sat on the floor, suffering. She used her hands to pull her to the closet. The closet had a first-aid in it. She took the biggest one in it. She put it on her leg. Oliver came in and saw Margo putting the stuff on. She put a towel on her leg. "OK, let me help you," he said. He helped her up. "Thank you," she said.

They walked to school. Cahya looked at her leg. "What the heck happened?" she asked. "None of your business," Oliver said. Cahya scuffed and went away.

When they sat in class, Margo felt wet.

Wet.

Water dripping down her leg.

Not water.

She looked down and saw her leg's blood dripping. It made a little puddle. She gasped. She raised her hand. "Hazel! I need to go the bathroom," she said. "Go ahead," Hazel said.

She rushed to the bathroom. She heard Cahya and Robbie coming. They came in and saw her helping her leg get better. Cahya laughed. "You rat!" Margo said. Cahya laughed harder. "You thought I was ever your friend?!" she said. Margo nodded. "You idiot. I never was." Cathy stalked off.

Margo started crying.

Oliver, get yo ass over here!

Coming!

Oliver rushed into the bathroom and found Margo. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Cathy!" Margo cried. "Of course! What did she do?" Oliver asked, wrapping his arm around her. "She cut my leg in class," she told him. "She's a rat!" he said. Margo nodded.

"You don't need her."

"I don't."

Margo went out on the branch again. The sun shined down on her. It was setting. Oliver wasn't with her. He was cleaning his room.

Margo jumped off the branch and into the lake. It was now dark. She looked up and saw the stars. She saw a shooting star. "Must say, God, you did a good job," she said, looking up at the sky. She smiled.

She sat on the pond's edge. She took out her phone. She called Oliver. "Hey, Oliver, wanna come outside with me?" she asked. "Sure. Let me tell Mutter," he said.

Silence for a few seconds.

"She said nein."

"Are you gonna listen to her?"

"Hell nah."

Margo woke up to a strange noise. Oliver was lying next to her in the tent. She heard walking around. "Oliver!" she whispered. She shook him a little. He didn't wake up. She looked up and screamed. "Holy shit!" she said.

She saw a person—man or woman, she couldn't tell—looking at her from the outside of the tent. Oliver woke up from her scream. He saw the person too.

He grabbed her tightly. She grabbed her pocket knife. "You have a pocketknife?" Oliver asked. "Yeah, you don't?"

He shook his head.

"I don't know how I feel 'bout that."

"I don't know how I feel! You have a knife!"

"Ugh!" Margo rolled her eyes. "So unprepared."

She held it out for the person to see. The person didn't have anything but a rope. "Ugh. That's stupid. They should at least bring a weapon next time." she said as the person went away.

"Margo, shut up, please."

"No."