𝓣𝔀𝓸

ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴛʜᴇᴍ, ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ʀᴇᴡᴀʀᴅ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʜɪɢʜ ɢᴏᴅ. ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ, ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜰᴜʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠɪʟ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ.

ʟᴜᴋᴇ‬ ‭6‬:‭35‬ ‭

Margo walked to class with Oliver the next morning. "Did you get in a fight with Robbie again?" Oliver asked. Margo nodded. As they walked, they saw Robbie. Robbie was messing with a girl's Buddha figurine. She threw it on the ground. "Hey, why'd you do that?!" the girl, Cahya Beam, asked, slapping Robbie. "That's not very Christian, you li'l Buddhist bastarda!" Robbie scolded. "I am Christian! This was my great-grandma's gift to me before she died!" Cahya said, picking it up. Cahya went to tell one of the nuns. "Can you fix it?" Cahya begged. The nun shook her head. "Also, she broke the rules!" Cahya said, pointing to Robbie. Robbie smirked.

"I'm sorry, we can't do anything because that wasn't something Christ-related, so we can't do anything." The nun shrugged and walked away. Cahya was crying. "Psst, Oliver!" Margo said, watching this. "Hmm?" he said, turning to her. "I have an idea," she whispered. She bent over and picked up the pieces. "Damn, gi-"

"Shut up, boy," Margo said, standing up again. She put the pieces in her bag. "Do you, by any chance, have glue, Oliver?" Margo asked, looking at him as they started to walk again. "Yeah, I think so," he said, nodding. Margo whispered the plan in his ears. "Genius, Margie," Oliver said. Margo looked at him. "Oh, do you mind me calling you that?" he asked. "Not a problem at all, Ollie," she said, patting him on the head. Oliver acted like he didn't like the nickname, but Margo knew he did.

They sat in class, history class. "OK, so we are gonna start with the beginning," the nun teacher, Sister April, told the class. She started the Bible. Margo listened carefully. Margo and Oliver sat next to each other. Margo looked around and saw Robbie on her phone. Margo peeked at what she was watching. Margo raised her hand. "Sister April?" she said. "Yes, Miss Benett?" Sister April said. "Robbie is watching TikTok, not listening," Margo said. Robbie looked up and quickly put her phone back. "Miss Fernandez, give me the phone," the nun said, walking to her and holding her hand out. Robbie gave her the phone. "Li'l bastarda," Robbie muttered. Margo smiled at Robbie. Robbie scowled.

They had lunch. Margo and Oliver sat next to each other, talking. "Poor Cahya," Margo said, looking at her sitting alone. "We should sit next to her." Margo pointed to Cahya. They both got up. "Dude, you're goin' with the girl?" the caller boy—Blake, from the day before—said, looking at Oliver. "Uh, yeah?" Oliver said. Blake smirked. "Shut up, you," Oliver said. "I didn't say anything, Ollie," Blake said, using Margo's nickname for him. "You smirked," Oliver said. Blake rolled his eyes. "Oliver, come on," Margo said, pulling his arm. Oliver smirked.

"Hey, Cahya. May we sit with you?" Margo asked. Cahya looked up. "Oh, sure," Cahya said. They sat down. "I'm sorry for what Robbie did to you," Margo said. "Oh, thank you," Cahya said. "I know what that feels like. At my old school, Robbie destroyed my Virgin Mary figurine." Margo told her. "Oh, I'm sorry 'bout that," Cahya said. "But trust me when I say this, Robbie doesn't care how sweet you are. She picks on anyone." Margo told her. "But why? Why is Robbie so mean?" Cahya asked. "She's just jealous, her home life isn't the best," Margo said, hugging Cahya. "I miss my grandma," Cahya said. "Was she Buddhist?" Margo asked. Cahya shook her head. "My parents are. But Grandma is the reason I'm here, she sent me here a few years ago. She died a devoted Christian. My parents never liked that, so they gave me a Buddha figurine that Grandma had when she was a Buddhist to 'turn the school to the right way'." she explained. "God bless your grandma," Margo commented. "Yeah, she was really sweet." Cahya agreed. Margo looked at Oliver. "So, are you two siblings?" Cahya asked, looking up at them. "No," they both said at the same time. "What made you think that?" Margo asked. "You guys just really get along," Cahya said, looking at both of them. "I guess you could say we are just really good friends," Oliver said. Margo dropped her food on her tray. Oliver looked at her. "You good, Margie?" he asked, waving his hand in front of her. She slowly nodded. "We're friends?" she said. Oliver nodded. Margo smiled widely. Cahya smirked. Margo blushed.