𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮

ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ʜɪᴍ ᴡʜᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇꜱ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ.

ᴘʜɪʟɪᴘᴘɪᴀɴꜱ 4:13

"Margo Benett," Robbie said, walking to her room the next morning. "You called, Roberta Fernandez?" Margo said, opening the door to her room and glaring with one hand on her hip. "Oliver loves me," she said. Margo burst out laughing. She fell on the floor dying of laughter. "What gave you that idea?" she asked, crying with laughter. "The way he looks at me," she said. "You mean that look of annoyance?" Margo said. Robbie scowled. "Vete a la mierda, Margo Benett." Robbie said, walking off. "No thank you!" Margo called off to her. "Shut up!" Robbie said, flipping Margo off. "No," Margo said.

Oliver knocked on Margo's door. She was doing her hair in a ponytail. "Come in!" she said, putting on her lipstick. He opened up the door. "Hey Oliver, Robbie has the crazy idea that you love her," she said, putting back her rouge lipstick. "What? That's crazy. I definitely don't lov-" Margo turned around and made Oliver speechless. "-love her." he finished, trying not to blush. "See? I told her that was a crazy thought!" Margo said, walking over and hugging him. He hugged her back.

They started to walk to class. Cahya joined them. "Hello, guys!" she said, walking with them. "Hey, Cahya!" Margo said, hugging her. Margo started walking ahead of them. "Cahs," Oliver said. "Yeah?" she said, looking at him. "I love Margo Benett," he told her. "Tell her," Cahya said. "No," he said. "Why?" Cahya asked, shaking him. "Because she doesn't love me back," he muttered. Cahya facepalmed. "Ay, ay, ay. Kono yōna baka," she muttered, walking away. She walked up to Margo. Margo smiled at her. Oliver caught up to Margo. "Margie!" he whispered to her. She looked at him. "Did she say anything to you?" he asked. She shook her head, and he sighed. "Why? Was she s'pposed to?" Margo asked. "No!" he said. Margo looked at him and smiled. "If you so say," she said, grabbing his hand. He smiled. Cahya turned around and looked at him, like "Make your damn move!"

He shook his head. Cahya facepalmed again. Margo looked puzzled. "So Margo, what do you wanna be when you grow up?" the teacher asked when they were in class. "Ummm. I wanna preach, and make the world a better and holier place to live in," she said. "Oh, that's a very good thing to do." the teacher told her. "I'm sure you'll be successful," Oliver told her. "I'm sure you will be too!" she told him, hugging him.

Margo looked around and saw Chester staring at her. "Oliver, Chester's staring at me," she said, tugging on his arm. "Oh, dieser Bastard!" Oliver said. "Do you speak German?" Margo asked. "Yes. My relatives are from Germany," he told her. "Oh, that explains Sister Hazel's accent," she commented. "I can do a German accent. But I was born in America," he told her. "Cool," she said, smiling. "Where you from?" he asked. "Oh, well, my mom is from America, but Dad was Canadian," she said.

"Mister Rose, Miss Benett, stop chitchatting and pay attention!" the teacher told them. "Right, sorry, ma'am," they said.

"You excited for your birthday?" Oliver asked. Margo nodded. As they walked in the halls, Margo saw two Indian girls. "Who are they?" she asked, pointing to them. "Oh, that's Farida and Amara Sumita," he told her. "Oh. Tell me 'bout them," she told him. "Well, I don't really know 'em that well, but....... They're Hindu twins who ran away from their family so they could come here because their friend"--he pointed to a girl sitting with them--"told them 'bout Christianity. Their families didn't approve of their friend, Miss Tigan Forrest." he explained. "I feel I should write down their names and info," Margo said. "To make it easier."

Margo sat in class, writing down the stuff. Oliver looked at her as she wrote down stuff. "Margo, you should make a diary," Oliver told her. Margo looked at him. "Really?" she said. He nodded. "But you can't read it," she told him. "I would never!" he told her.

Dear Diary,

I've never done this before, but I've decided to write in this new diary.

I quite like this boy in the class named Oliver. Cahya thinks he's in love with me, but I doubt it.

Margo Benett

She wrote this down during class. Oliver was looking over slightly as she wrote. He didn't mean to look, it just happened. He gasped when he read it. "Not possible," he muttered.

He's kind of idiotic.

"Margo!" she heard Oliver say from the other side of her door. She opened the door. "Yes?" she said. "Wanna go swimming in the pond?" he suggested. "Sure, is Cahya joinin'?" Margo asked. "Nah, she's busy," Oliver told her.

They headed to the pond, talking and laughing. "We should dive off the tree branches!" Margo suggested. Oliver nodded. "Wanna play music?" Margo asked. Oliver nodded. They played some songs.

Margo stood on the branch and jumped off.

"Pretty good!" Oliver said, looking down at her from the branch. "Really?" Margo said. He nodded. Oliver walked to the end of the branch. He jumped off. "Wicked!" Margo said, swimming over to him. She climbed up the tree. She lay on the branch and looked up at the sky.

"The world is truly beautiful," she muttered. Oliver climbed up on the tree and sat with her. "Idea. We can do this at night when everyone's asleep," he told her. "YES!" Margo said.

"Margo! Come on!" Oliver said in the middle of the night as they went to the pond. "I'm tryin'!" she said, grabbing her hand. They got to the pond.

Margo went up to the branch and lay down on it. Oliver joined in. She laid her head on his chest. They looked up at the stars. "Innit beautiful?" Margo said. "Really is," he said. "I hear the Barbie is gonna be out, maybe me and Cahya could watch it," Margo said, looking up at him. "That'd be nice, tell me how it is," Oliver told her.

"Oliver," Margo said, sitting on the branch as her feet dangled. "Yes, Margo?" he asked, looking at her. "Do you ever think 'bout growin' up?" she asked. "What do you mean?" he asked, wrapping his arm around her. "Well, one day we'll just be memories our family have of us. All these fun times we have, we'll just be bedtime stories for the future kids in our families, you know? Just memories," Margo said. "Um, well, yeah. I get it," he told her. "I guess we just live life to the fullest," she said.

"For all we know, this could be our last day on earth, we might as well enjoy it," Oliver commented, pushing her close to him. Margo and Oliver looked up at each other, they leaned in, and........

Storm clouds.

"Margo, let's go in," Oliver told her. "Yeah, good idea."

Margo went to her room. As she crept down the halls, she saw something. Someone standing in the hallway, looking at her. The person began to run towards her. She stammered into her room and slammed the door.

The person kept banging on the door really hard. Margo was holding the door shut. The banging finally stopped. She sighed in relief. She let it go and locked the door. She lay down in her bed and tried to sleep.

"God, help me!" she prayed. "Protect me from whatever the heck that was banging on my door. Amen."