Chapter 93

“By the way, I found out a pretty interesting piece of information. The real reason why Woo-Jin left TM,” Seol Moon-Young said to Kim Seok-Hyung.

“What?”

“Lee Yeon-Yi had done something that Woo-Jin refused to do.”

“...” CEO Kim wasn’t sure what Seol Moon-Yong was implying, so he kept quiet.

Blue Fit’s member, Lee Yeon-Yi, had gotten drunk at a drinking party one day and unintentionally spilled a secret. Seol Moon-Young happened to get wind of it.

“Right now, the golden eggs are being laid, but in any case, once a sex scandal breaks out, it’s impossible to make a comeback. I’m sure you know that better than I do. Even if you hold events and concerts abroad, the group will still meet its doom and disband at some point. So it would be better for you to just let them go right now. Keep in mind that only then would you be able to save TM's image and keep our solidarity going for a long time.”

Seol Moon-Young smirked. As a former idol, he was more familiar than anyone else with how the music industry worked. This group still had a lot to offer, so abandoning them at this point was such a waste. But there was nothing else the CEO could do. He had to save himself first to live to see another day.

“Did you forget you were the producer of that album?”

“Let’s just tell the public that, ‘The soft-hearted producer caved to the complaints of his overly-ambitious student,’ and call it a day. After all, considering his family background, Min Si-Hoo will still be able to lead a comfortable life without being a singer, so we don’t have to worry too much about him.”

Min Si-Hoo hated Chae Woo-Jin, resulting in their feud back then. TM decided to take Min Si-Hoo’s side over Woo-Jin because of his impressive family background. When choosing between the two members, it was the most clever and rational decision to make at that time. That was also why the other Blue Fit members took Min Si-Hoo’s side and rejected Chae Woo-Jin, choosing to engage in violence against him. In any case, the other members had also earned an insane amount of money that most people wouldn’t be able to earn in their lifetime, so their lives weren’t particularly pitiful either.

“CEO Kim, this just got delivered from DS.” Kim Seok-Hyung’s secretary opened the door and handed him a Certification of Contents[1] and a small package sent by DS. Out of curiosity, Kim Seok-Hyung opened the package first. It contained a small USB flash drive and a card. He had a bad feeling about it and decided to verify the flash drive’s contents first. Its only content was a five-minute audio file. However, listening to it was akin to hearing his death sentence.

It was the recording of Min Si-Hoo and other Blue Fit members swearing at Chae Woo-Jin and assaulting him. The sound of their assault had been clearly recorded as it was, all of it. It clearly captured Min Si-Hoo’s wrath, stemming from his strong desire to become the main vocalist and the mockery from the other members that sympathized with Min Si-Hoo, without any filter.

That was the phrase written on the card that came with the package containing the USB flash drive. The short sentence in bold contained several meanings. At this moment, waves of desperation washed over Kim Seok-Hyung as he realized that he was unable to make the issue go away quietly this time around.

“Oh no! I don’t think this issue will go away even if you sacrifice me.” Seol Moon-Young whistled as he sneered at Kim Seok-Hyung. The latter glared at him before taking a look at the Certification of Contents.

The first page of the document contained the results of an analysis of Min Si-Hoo’s parts in Blue Fit’s song and Chae Woo-Jin’s voice when he performed ‘Shining Star.’ They had officially commissioned Professor Oh Myung-Hwan, a speech and audio researcher, for that. Naturally, the results concluded that both audio clips were sung by the same person, prompting DS to request a reasonable explanation and compensation from TM.