Chapter 54

“There's nothing to be afraid of. The safety equipment is perfect. Even if he does fall, we have prepared an inflatable crash mat that's filled with lots of air as an extra precaution.”

Kang Ho-Soo was left speechless after hearing what Production Director Park Jong-Hyuk had said. He clutched the back of his neck as he picked his next words carefully. Otherwise, he could not guarantee what kind of curses or swear words would come spewing out of his mouth.

“Um, PD, this is the 13th floor.”

“Who doesn't know that?”

“Who actually shoots scenes where the actors jump from building to building in real life for a drama? It's not even a movie. What is the point of the green screen then?” Kang Ho-Soo proceeded to demand that if Park Jong-Hyuk did not like the idea of using a green screen, he should hire a stunt double.

“Are you downplaying dramas?”

“Who cares about that! If something happens to Chae Woo-Jin during the shoot, are you going to take responsibility for it?!” summarized Kang Ho-Soo.

According to the storyline, Woo-Jin had to film an escape scene after Louie had successfully completed a mission by jumping from building to building. Naturally, Kang Ho-Soo had assumed that the scene would be shot with a green screen as the backdrop, and edited with CGI thereafter. However, that was not the case.

When Kang Ho-Soo asked the production director if they would be using a stunt double, the latter had said no once again. Needless to say, Woo-Jin's manager, Kang Ho-Soo, kicked up a huge fuss when he had heard that Woo-Jin would be doing all the stunts personally, relying solely on wires and safety equipment. He had immediately contacted the agency and their legal team should be on their way now. Until their arrival, Kang Ho-Soo was determined to prevent the shooting from commencing.

“It's doable for me though.”

"See! Even Woo-Jin says it's doa... Hey!” Kang Ho-Soo was so flabbergasted that he yelled at Woo-Jin, which was unlike him. Kang Ho-Soo looked at Woo-Jin with a pressurizing gaze, as though Woo-Jin had betrayed him. But Woo-Jin was unaffected as he merely looked calm and composed.

Woo-Jin did not have a fear of heights, and it seemed unlikely that an accident would happen with the safety equipment that had been set up. Even if he were to fall, the thick inflatable crash mat would cushion his fall, so it was not an issue. In fact, he had even thought that it would be fun to fall on it. He had been trained to jump this distance several times before at the stunt school. The only difference was the height, but it was not that big of a deal to Woo-Jin.

“Look! Even actor Chae says it's okay! I'm telling you, it's safe! ”

“That's because Actor Chae is still a rookie and there are a lot of things he doesn't know yet because he's young. Has there been a Korean drama where the actor had to personally jump from one building to another on the 13th floor?”

“If there isn't, I can be the first to do it.” Woo-Jin interrupted with a smile, while totally disregarding the atmosphere. As soon as Kang Ho-Soo heard that, he practically beat his chest and yelled. He didn't even realize that he was speaking to Woo-Jin without honorifics. “Woo-Jin, you stay out of it!”

“You people are giving Actor Chae a hard time right now. You think he's a young and inexperienced rookie?”

A strange alliance had somehow been formed. “Since we've already prepared everything, we should start shooting soon. We have to shoot it while it's still dark. If we keep delaying, the sun is going to rise.” Woo-Jin tried to persuade the staff around him, saying that they would have woken up for nothing if they did not start shooting soon.