Chapter 66

“Thank you for the coffee and sandwich.”

“You must have been working hard since dawn, so I hope this can be of some help to you. I’ve prepared the actors’ refreshments separately as they can’t have them right now since they’ll be starting the shoot soon. So, please make sure to give one to Woo-Jin later on.” Before they knew it, Lee Min-Soo had left after politely greeting Hwang Yi-Young with a kind look.

“What did you talk about?” Hwang Yi-Young asked softly as Lee Min-Soo walked into the distance.

“Nothing much. We were just expressing our different opinions about our relationship. By the way, do you know why he came here today?”

“He had something to attend to in the area yesterday and decided to take a quick stop here before heading back to Seoul. He wanted to observe and study the lead actors’ acting to have a good grasp of the ambience.”

“He has a good attitude towards work, huh?” Woo-Jin laughed. He had now become an ashen-faced Louie with dark circles under his eyes. He thought about how Lee Min-Soo used to tag along whenever Blue Fit had recording sessions for their debut song, all for the purpose of observation and study. He felt rather relieved that things seemed to be the same as before. This was indeed fortunate for Woo-Jin because it would have been difficult to deal with Lee Min-Soo if he had become an entirely different person.

They were shooting Louie and Lee Yoo-Ra’s trip to the amusement park today. Lee Yoo-Ra set aside a day to take Louie to the amusement park after he mentioned that he had never been to the amusement park except for the one time he went there with his parents as a kid.

She wanted to create new memories with him, not knowing that his parents had abandoned him there that fateful day.

“Are we going to keep walking like this? Since you’re afraid of taking the roller coasters, shall we go on the merry-go-round?” Lee Yoo-Ra asked, with a look in her eyes that seemed to say, ‘Don’t tell me you’re afraid of that too.’ Louie simply nodded in response.

Louie walked around blindly without much thought as he recalled the path he had walked along with his parents when he was a child. As Lee Yoo-Ra led him down the path, Louie saw a child running away – it was young Louie. Young Louie had walked on this very path that day too. He held both his parents’ hands with a happy smile on his face. Walking down the same path with his parents and a slightly different background, young Louie smiled at adult Louie as he walked with Lee Yoo-Ra. Not knowing the meaning behind that smile, Louie stopped in his tracks for a moment.

“What’s wrong?” Lee Yoo-Ra also stopped in her tracks. She looked up at Louie with sparkling eyes, but he had a distant look in his eyes. Seeing that young Louie was about to get on the merry-go-round, Louie subconsciously started walking quickly. He had to stop him. ‘No, you can’t go on that.’

However, young Louie was already riding on a horse on the merry-go-round; he had become the happiest child in the world, smiling widely. And that smile vanished right when the merry-go-round had stopped. The world that was embracing both him and the child had collapsed.

“I couldn’t stop him,” muttered Louie. Lee Yoo-Ra approached him and held his hand quietly. The feeling of a soft, warm hand in his hand caused Louie’s gaze to shift from the crying young Louie toward Lee Yoo-Ra.

“Are you leaving too?” He was asking her if she would also be leaving him if he were to get on the horse on the merry-go-round. Lee Yoo-Ra smiled and shook her head without knowing the deep meaning behind those words.

“I don’t know what you mean by ‘leaving,’ but it’s not happening today.”

“Then what about tomorrow?”