Chapter 1

One day, out of the blue, he changed overnight. It was not his personality or appearance that changed drastically. 23 year-old Chae Woo-Jin, who had been discharged from the military for two months, woke up one morning and remembered all of his past lives-all 999 of them. It was rather strange waking up to that revelation in the morning, despite the fact that nothing else had changed.

His previous lives had existed across nine realms, and he had lived diverse lives with no distinctions of gender or status. He had not only been reborn as a human being; he had been reincarnated as different types of species, including animals. However, he was not confused by the chaos and remnants of his past memories, and neither was his identity shaken. Oddly enough, he kept his cool, as he could separate himself from his previous lives.

Of course, it would be a lie to say that this miraculous revelation was not terrifying. It had been several hours since he woke up, but his hands were still shaking and he still could not calm himself down. He pinched his cheeks a number of times to check if this was just a dream. His legs were trembling so much that it was hard for him to walk when he got out of bed, to the point that he almost had to crawl.

However, apart from his body's reaction, as time passed by, he managed to pull himself together and became more calm and collected. It was as though a folder that contained 999 systematically organized videos occupied a part of his brain. That was an accurate description of his current state. Despite the large number, remembering all the contents of the videos did not overload his mental capacity. If he tried to recall a few of his previous lives, he was able to remember the details, as if he were playing a video.

Initially, he was taken aback, but eventually, he became more and more convinced that these were his past lives, and not dramas or movies. Watching videos of someone else's life, like how one watched a drama or movie, did not make those clips an actual memory of one's own life.

In the same vein, watching foreign movies did not allow one to learn a foreign language overnight. However, it was different when it came to remembering details from his previous lives. He was able to read, speak, and write the languages of the countries he had lived in, just by recalling them. He also knew how to use instruments he had never played before, and his drawing skills had significantly improved, even though he had never learned how to draw.

Is this some sort of commemorative event for my thousandth life?

In the midst of this uneasy and terrifying situation that had left him in a daze, a strange thought crossed Chae Woo-Jin's mind. If he had lived a thousand lives, would everyone else have had the same experience as him? Was there a rule dictating that whatever happened to him could not happen to other people?

Whatever.

Woo-Jin, who had been trying to draw on a scratch pad, put down his pencil and lay back down on his bed.

Is this why I wanted to become a celebrity so badly?

Looking back at his past memories, Chae Woo-Jin eventually let out a laugh. In most of his previous lives, he had been involved in the arts. When he had been born into a wealthy family as a noble, he had been unable to fulfill his desire due to his family's opposition. However, at that time, he had lived his life supporting and loving the arts. Apart from that, he had spent his other lives singing, painting, acting, and writing plays.

But it was only on Earth that I struggled to see such light in my life.

In other realms, there were times he had ended up enjoying his life as a successful artist, but oddly, that had never been the case on Earth. Of course, there had been a number of his identities from his previous lives that were so well-known, even kindergarteners had heard of their names.