Chapter 3

"Still, it's good that you have more scenes now, and you have quite a number of lines. We don't even have a script. We are just busy with having different makeup everyday and standing in the background to fill out the scenes," one of the loan sharks said.

Director Moon might be well known for his impromptu script revision, but for the minor actors who were not lucky enough to have been given a chance, they were both envious of Woo-Jin and bitter about their situation.

"Which is why the first thing you must have is good looks," he continued.

"He's not just good-looking though? He's tall too. And he's rather good at acting," commented another loan shark.

"Indeed, A doesn't pale in comparison to Park Min in any way. I hate it whenever he grumbles every time there's an action scene. So, it's good that we don't have to hear him grumble tomorrow."

"According to what I've heard, the script was modified because Park Min complained so much during the action scenes, they replaced the male lead with A."

Dissatisfaction with the male lead, Park Min, did not only come from the director, but also the other actors. It was understandable that an actor who made a living off his face was careful when it came to filming action scenes. However, even though they had practiced many times beforehand under the instructions of the action choreographer and took extra care during the shoot, Park Min was still panicky, and flinching throughout. Thus, it was inevitable for everyone to be annoyed with him. Because of that, there were several bad takes, which prolonged the time that they were forced to hear Park Min's complaints and grievances. The minor and supporting actors were the ones who ended up suffering as a result.

"You're trying to tell me not to grumble tomorrow, right?" Chae Woo-Jin asked.

"You're quick-witted," replied one of the loan sharks.

Even though there was a lot of discontentment towards the male lead or, to be more precise, a famous actor, the minor actors could not continue their conversation about him. Hence, they laughed it off and wrapped up the conversation.

"Do a good job tomorrow. There are mask packs in the fridge over there, so use one in the evening before you go to sleep. You need to get your makeup done well in order to look good on screen," one of them told Woo-Jin.

They were envious of how lucky Woo-Jin was, but they were not jealous. They had been working in this industry for a long time, so they were experienced. They did not resent the fact that they had not gotten their lucky break. Instead, they simply did their best, hoping to get lucky one day.

In order for that to happen, they knew very well that they would stand a better chance if the movie was successful. Apart from the leads, if any supporting or minor actors did a good job and became a topic of discussion, it would help the success of the movie. Even for small actors with minor roles, it was better for them to have a successful movie in their filmography than a flop.

As such, despite Woo-Jin having already met the passing criterion of being good looking, the three of them still helped Woo-Jin out in many ways to ensure that he would look good on the screen and perform well. With their help, Woo-Jin was able to study and prepare for the scene tomorrow in a conducive and silent environment off to one side.

Even though it seemed as though he had a lot to study, he was actually just trying to understand Loan Shark A's character. Looking at A's character alone, he was a selfish man who was brazen and impulsive. Someone like that, crazy, young and only looking to satisfy his own desires, would only display a very extreme sort of love. However, the assistant director said it was pure love. Woo-Jin did not know how to express it from such a character at all.