Chapter 76

All’s well that ends well.

But for Woo-Jin to achieve that good ending, there were still things he had to do. Curiously, however, he didn't have a single speck of the courage he had when he had recklessly caused trouble.

He was mainly worried about the controversial escape scene because of his mother’s reaction. Realization, and the subsequent feeling of guilt, had hit the day before, and Woo-Jin had spent the entire day in a state of nervousness. However, even after four days, he had had no queries from his mother.

There had been previous instances where both parties had been busy, resulting in long periods of no contact. There were no real issues with Woo-Jin’s mother not contacting him; Woo-Jin was the only real party sitting on a figurative bed of nails due to his guilt.

[Tsk tsk. You’re not even a kid anymore! Is this funny to you?]

Seeing this message from Woo-Hee, Woo-Jin asked how their mother was doing. However, the response was less than optimistic for Woo-Jin.

[She thinks it’s CG. Dad probably knew it right away, but weirdly, none of them have said anything about it. Though I will say, Mom’s face grew pretty dark around Friday evening for some reason.]

Friday evening would reasonably be enough time for them to figure out the truth. But, thinking his mother was worried about him, Woo-Jin couldn’t just pass over his growing concerns.

“Yeah, I should call her first….”

It was better to take a beating first before asking for forgiveness. Finally, coming to a decision, Woo-Jin picked up his phone to give his mother a call, but Hwang Yi-Young tapped on his shoulder as he did so.

“Woo-Jin, do you know who this is?”

As Hwang Yi-Young’s phone screen came into view, Woo-Jin’s pupils slightly dilated. While her face was covered by a cute fox character, the person in the photo with him was most definitely his mother.

“What about this picture?”

“Last Friday, a new member of Wish Baragi sent this photo while asking for membership. She said she was old friends with you and literally sent the entire fan club into chaos.”

Woo-Jin’s clean-shaven, buzz-cut, youthful self in a military uniform was a scarce sight for fans, especially since it was tough to have a picture with Woo-Jin unless they were exceptionally close friends with him. Fans treasured every single photo of Woo-Jin from his younger days due to their extreme rarity.

The fact that the user ‘Jin-Hee’s Mom’ had a picture with him while saying that they were longtime friends meant that said user had a deep friendship with Woo-Jin. This also meant that they had stories and photos of Chae Woo-Jin that not many people had, hence the ruckus within Woo-Jin’s fan club.

“Yeah, so ‘Jin-Hee’s Mom’ immediately got promoted to a formal member. Fanclub members are secretly trying to ask me about her, but I have to know something first, right? I feel like I have heard the name somewhere, but I can’t exactly remember, so I came to ask you.”

Woo-Jin knew from the get-go where the nickname ‘Jin-Hee’s Mom’ had come from, but Hwang Yi-Young apparently had not gotten that far with her thoughts, only thinking that ‘Jin-Hee’ was the name of someone’s child due to her limited information.

Woo-Jin was at a loss as he read his mother’s post and looked at the picture she had uploaded. After a brief period of thought, noting that his mother had hidden her identity, he figured that spewing around the fact that ‘Jin-Hee’s Mom’ was actually his mother wouldn’t be the best move. However, when Woo-Jin said that ‘Jin-Hee’s Mom’ was speaking the truth, Hwang Yi-Young could only reply with, “Oh, so she IS someone you know! The baragis are going to love this.”