18. THE CARNIVAL

Rhea's POV

She doesn't matter to me. The only person around whom my life revolves is you.
His words echoed in my ears and every time it made my heart flutter. I jerked my thoughts and went to our closet I quickly grabbed a beautiful lavender color suit. The kameez was adorned with intricate mirror work, which added a touch of shimmer and a hint of glamour to the ensemble. I did a little make-up and tied my hair into a bun.

Rhea's outfit

Rhea's outfit

The palace was so huge that we had to pass several hallways and corridors to reach downstairs. Each corridor is adorned with intricate artwork, sparkling chandeliers, and velvet drapes that adds an air of elegance to the surrounding. The soft glow of the sconces along the walls cast a warm, inviting light, illuminating the path before. Each hallway seems like a gateway to a different world. With every step, I could hear the faint echo of my footsteps.

And then finally I got close to the staircase and I saw him standing at the other end of the staircase. My breath hitched, he was dressed to perfection in a black suit that accentuated his polished demeanour. A soft gasp escaped my lips. His broad shoulders were framed flawlessly by the tailored jacket as if it was specially designed for him. The crisp white shirt peeking out from beneath the coat emphasized his perfectly carved abs. As my gaze met his my heart skipped a beat. I would be lying if I said he wasn't looking like the most handsome man in this whole world, sin and danger all wrapped up in his beautiful ocean-blue eyes. He didn't say a word when he saw me but his stare was enough to warm me from inside out.

As I went near him he forwarded his palm for me to hold and without arguing I placed my hand in Rehan's, feeling the gentle pressure of his fingers encircling around mine. His grip was possessive but still firm. The Rolex was shining on his veiny hands and the cufflinks were engraved with his initials, I had never been attracted to a man before based on his hands but my husband was something else. We went towards the black sleek Bugatti and a chauffeur opened its door.

Thank you, Kaka I greeted the chauffeur and he returned it with a tiny smile.

The car smelled like rich leather and expensive spices mixed with his intoxicating solid cologne. I adjusted my dress and sank deeper into the seat, we were on our way to the carnival which was located on the outskirts of the city.

The streets of Udaipur passed by but all I could focus on was the devastatingly handsome man beside me. He dominated the space around us, his presence gushing into every nook and corner of the car until his fragrance was the only thing I could concentrate on. I tried to look away and focus on the road.

...................................................................
.
...................................................................
.
...................................................................
.
....................................................................