30.LOVE STAKES

Rhea's POV

It was my first day but no one made me feel that way, everyone was very supportive. Maya filled me in with all the details and ongoing projects, it was surreal for me sitting in a cabin with my name on the front door, working under my inspiration and doing what I am best at, especially what I love. It was hard for me to reach here, to convince my parents to let me pursue designing. Indian parents have some kind of notion about designing being the most easiest and non reliable career. It took lots of persuading and emotional blackmails for me to convince my parents.

The cabin ecxeeeded my expectations. The decor, the walls, windows everything was carved differently to meet the perfection. Each corner screamed with cozy comfort. I have always heard that designit offers a place that feels like home, more comfortable and relaxing for their employees to work in. That's the reason why they have made it so far. Cause a company is nothing without it's employees. Every designer's dream is to work in this company at least once in their lifetime.

Maya told me about the new project that is really important for our company that would increase it's growth thrice. Since the client is bit off and get's on our bosses nerves everytime he meets them. It was a challenge for me to win him over and get the contract.

The client wanted to create a range of perfumes that's different from everyone else's. He wanted to do something extraordinary and that's why he chose us because we are known for it. But the type of fragrances he wants to add in this perfume has never been heard of. Well that's not entirely my concern cause it will be handled by our marketing team. My main concern is to design a perfect and exquisite bottle for this fragrance.

Maya was explaining me the higher and upper notes of this perfume when someone knocked on my cabin's door.

"Come in"

Maya filled me in with all the staff details and introduced me to them so I know all of them, so I feel a little less stranger.

Niti entered holding an extravagant bouquet of white lilies, my favourite . There must've been at least two dozen of them tied together with a beautiful white ribbon which was shining the brightest in the room , and their scent instantly blanketed the room with cloying sweetness.

"Oh my god they are diamonds." Maya screamed.

"What?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

Diamonds, on the ribbon. She said ponting towards it. Her eyes gleaming with amusement and curiosity.

"Someone dropped off this bouquet for you." Niti said with a knowing smile. "Where do you want me to put them?"

My heart pounded in my throat. "I'll take them. Thank you."

Seeing the size of the bouquet anyone could tell that the lillies must've cost hundreds of dollars.

" Mam I am sure these are from your husband." Maya said and shivers went down my spine. Why would he send me flowers when I strictly told him to stay away from me. But of course why would he listen to me if he can murder someone then obviously he has no intension of following orders or may be he never learned.

"I have no idea."

I searched the lavish bouquet until I found a tiny card with my name written on the front. I flipped it over, and my stomach churned .

"It's not from my husband ."

"Then who's it" maya's eyes widened.

I don't know there's no name written on it.

"It says congratulations with a tiny heart" my heart started beating so fast that it would come ripping out of my body any second.

Why would someone send me flowers without any name? Is it from Rehan? But he wouldn't dare. Right? But who else can send me flowers and most importantly my favourite ones.