26|| The Search Of Closeness

Hello ^-^! 

How are you all? 

I hope you all are doing fine! 

I'm doing fine I think lol! 

Warning! 

This chapter contains mentions of alcoholism and abusive parents! If you are uncomfortable with it, please don't read the story. I won't tolerate any hate comments! 

Anyway, enjoy ^-^! 

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

The things which can be considered as normal were just some dream for Dazai. For example, Dazai never put his head on his mother's lap and fell asleep on his mother's knees as she was stroking his hair to calm him down.

These kind of normal and everyday activities, like a simple childhood, were something that Dazai never had unfortunately.

To people who knew Dazai it was not surprising though. With a mother who was very emotionally distant, very punitive and who was always critical of him and with a father who was often away and even when he was home he had a serious alcohol problem.

The lack of everyday familial interaction and supportive relationships caused Dazai to develop a sense of vulnerability and insecurity.

Dazai was in search of a genuine, intimate relationship, but also felt that it was mostly un-reachable.

That was what Dazai thought until he met with Chuuya.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"Chuuya what are you doing here?" Dazai whispered as he saw Chuuya was sitting on the branches of the tree in front of his window.

"I'm obviously here to see you." Chuuya smiled.

"My parents may see you." Dazai whispered frantically.

"I don't care." Chuuya simply said.

Dazai was really panicked that his parents would get into his room, but at the same time he really needed the comfort which only Chuuya could give him.

Chuuya patted his lap.

Dazai laid his head on Chuuya's lap without hesitation and Chuuya began stroking his hair.

Dazai closed his eyes. Ah, how he wished that they would lay together properly, but their time together was so limited at that time.

They were silent, but they didn't need words. They could read their thoughts clearly as if they were their own thoughts.

"Ah, will you use me as a pillow and fall asleep on me now?" Chuuya teased with a chuckle when he noticed Dazai was slowly falling asleep.

"Not a bad idea." Dazai opened one eye and teased back. No matter how tired he was, he would always have some energy to tease his friend.

Chuuya gave a chuckle. "So, do you want a bed time story?" He kept on teasing.

Dazai nodded eagerly. "Not a bad idea."

Chuuya couldn't blame Dazai at all. He didn't have a simple childhood. Something simple such as a bed time story was just a dream to him. So he began telling a story to him. "Once upon a time, there was a handsome prince who lived in a magical kingdom. He had silky, wavy brown hair and deep, dark brown eyes. However, this prince lived in his castle like a hostage. Every night he would sneak out into the forest to watch the stars twinkle in the night sky. One night, he saw a shooting star and made a wish. The wish was for finding some strength to get rid of from his hostage life in the castle."