24|| Journey Through Triumph And Despair

Hello ^-^! 

How are you all? 

I hope you all are doing fine! 

I'm really sick lol! That's the reason why I updated that late haha! 

Warning! 

This chapter contains slight self-hate and slight mentions of eating disorder (actually it is hidden but I'm giving the warning any way lol). So if you don't like it, please don't read the chapter. I won't tolerate any hate comments! 

Anyway, enjoy ^-^! 

Note: I will explain what histrionic personality disorder is in the end. 

Note 2: Kousuke also have binge-eating disorder, I will explain what it is in the end as well!

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

Kousuke was a bright and bubbly young boy whose name literally meant "rising sun". Everywhere he went, he would always be the center of attention. His lively personality naturally made everyone around him happy.

Kousuke was a bit of a wild young man and had a hard time following the rules. He refused to take certain chores seriously and would find ways to make even most the tedious tasks more fun.

Nothing changed after he grew up either. Even after he turned to 15 he hadn't grown out of certain habits, like bedtime stories, stick his tongue out to Nastasya when she ignored him and eating lots of sweets.

Nastasya overlooked his childish tendencies because he was still young. Most people would find his behavior endearing and often mocked him for it, even though Kousuke seemed uncaring to their words, deep down it made him feel incredibly insecure.

His behavior and outlook on life had been affected by his histrionic personality disorder which made him prone to any emotion from despair to joy with no middle ground. Despite Nastasya's best efforts to help him, Kousuke seemed to get overwhelmed more and more.

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

When Nikolai found Kousuke, tears were flowing from his eyes like strings. He had his arms wrapped around his knees, rocking back and forth. No matter how hard Kousuke wiped his tears away, he couldn't keep new ones from flowing.

Kousuke's sobs were hurting Nikolai, even though he didn't know why he was crying. Kousuke was always cheerful, it felt so strange and wrong that he was sobbing right now and no matter what he did Nikolai couldn't calm him down...

"Kousuke... Calm down... I'm here..." Nikolai patted Kousuke's back whispering sweet nothings. "If you talk about it, you will feel better..." He gave a warm smile while looking at Kousuke's tear-stained face.

"I don't want to talk..." Kousuke said with a sob. "I don't want to talk!" Nikolai was frightened when he repeated what he had said earlier in an angry voice. "Stupid!" Kousuke began hitting Nikolai's chest repeating the word of 'stupid' over and over.

After a few seconds, Nikolai was able to grab Kousuke's wrists and stop the assault. "What are you doing, Kousuke?" Nikolai was shocked and confused.

"You are stupid!" Kousuke shouted, his face was filled with rage and tears were streaming down his cheeks. "You should have known better!"

Nikolai put his arm around Kousuke's shoulder, he knew that Kousuke would throw a tantrum if he insisted. "It's okay, Kousuke. You don't have to talk if you don't want to. I will stay here with you, okay?" He said gently. Reasoning with Kousuke was not always easy... Kousuke nodded his head and accepted the embrace before burrying his face in Nikolai's chest. Nikolai kissed Kousuke's hair.