CHAPTER NINETEEN: LEARNING HOW TO FLY

You adjusted the collar of your shirt within the void, as you sat patiently for the sign of anything. Goku was trying to search for 21's ki, along with any remaining clones. Frieza, to your surprise, was meditating, something you knew Piccolo did, but not the frost demon.

"Since when did you meditate?" You simply asked.

"It was something I had picked up during my four months of training. Turns out, it's good for stamina during battle. The longer I can fight, the better." Frieza hummed, not breaking his concentration.

"So, you can fight for longer than five minutes?" You mused, remembering how long the fight with Goku really was.

"What are you hinting at?" Frieza lightly growled, hearing the humor in your voice.

"Nothing." You brushed off the accusation, deciding it best to keep it from him. So, now you sat patiently, waiting for something from Goku. When you heard the excited gasp, you knew the Saiyan had found something.

"It's Vegeta's ki!" Goku exclaimed.

"Goku, are you sure?" Bulma asked, growing excited. She must've missed her husband.

"It's definitely his."

"I'll head right there then. Is everyone ready to go?"

"Wait, since when did you get to decide everything? Why should I risk my tail for that traitorous Saiyan prince?" Frieza spoke up with a hiss, dropping onto his feet as he made his way over.

"We're not gonna argue about this Frieza, we need all the help we can get," Krillin argued.

"They have a point. I hate saying it, but... Vegeta is likely to be of some kind of use." Cell admitted.

"... I hate it, but fine. I suppose we do need his strength. I'll make an exception just this once for him." Frieza sighed, giving in.

~

"Thank you for allowing me to accompany you along, _____. I needed to get out of that ship for some air." Tien thanked you, as he flew alongside the others and you rested inside of his void.

"Yeah! Thanks, _____!" Chiaotzu agreed, flying to the side of you.

"No problem man, I love helping with you guys." You bubbled happily, as you suddenly felt a pull of ki. "Is that him?"

"It appears so." Tien dropped down with the others somewhere and you felt the faded ki in front of you. Vegeta must have been beaten badly.

"There you are, Vegeta! Are you alive?" Goku asked, dropping to the ground. You heard a slight groan, but no answer aside from that.

"He's knocked out, fortunately, he's not dead," Piccolo spoke up.

"Even out cold, he continues to pester me. I should just put him out of his misery."  Frieza snapped and you felt his own ki grow.

"Wha-No! That's not what you said earlier!" Krillin reminded.

"Hold it, this isn't a time to be fighting." Piccolo interrupted as you felt the familiar three faint kis. More clones, great.

"I'll spare him this time. We better deal with this visitor first." Frieza lamented. And with that cue, you swapped places with Tien, facing down the three clones. This trio consisted of Frieza, Cell, and Nappa. You struck into a fighting pose, just as the first clone zipped forward. You blocked the attack, before slamming your elbow into the fake Frieza.

"Watch it, I think these clones are more powerful than previous ones," Tien warned, as the  Frieza clone sent out three ki disks. You ducked and side-stepped the attacks, before pointing a finger at the clone and sending out a ray of ki. It shot directly through the clone, causing it to disintegrate. You looked at your finger in surprise.