CHAPTER FIFTEEN: WORKING TOGETHER

You weren't sure how long it had been since you passed out. You phased in and out of consciousness, but never really came back. Finally, you realized you were drifting back to sleep and forced yourself to hold on longer. You shifted, your eyes blinking to look at the ripples along the surface of the void. You were drifting off, but before you could fully awake, you felt something grab ahold of you and pull you up.

You sat up on the cushions of Bulma's ship, looking around to find a lot of the fighters lounging about, aside from a couple around you. You glanced outside to see the sun setting (or was it rising? How long had you been out?) before you looked at the few men beside you. Cell clearly just brought you into reality and stood in front of you with his arms folded. Goku sat beside you and looked relieved. Frieza sat to the other side of you, though he was turned away and looked disinterested.

"Thank goodness you're alright. I thought my power overwhelmed you too much." Goku exclaimed, looking sorry.

"It did, but I feel much better after a void nap." You reassured the Saiyan, patting his shoulder before looking to Cell. "How long was I out?"

"About twelve hours. So, a normal rest for you humans." Cell answered, seeming nonchalant. "It was a downer not being able to fight, but I think most will forgive you."

"We did get a good dinner though, finally enough to feed this Saiyan!" Goku laughed, as the two villains grimaced beside you. You glanced at Frieza, finding him awfully quiet for once.

"I'm sorry if you were caught off guard by my return." You apologized, realizing you must have gone back to Frieza to rest.

"There's been... worse experiences these last couple of days," Frieza remarked, glancing towards you with his glowing red eyes. You knew what he was getting at, but you wouldn't apologize for that. You weren't in the wrong there.

"Same." You nodded slightly, before looking to Goku. "Any sign of any others? Or Android 21?"

"Not yet. Though Bulma is doing her best to track down the rest of our friends. We don't want to risk them getting eaten." Goku frowned at the thought.

"That wouldn't be good." You agreed. "I feel more awake now, so I'm ready whenever you guys are ready."

"Good." The four of you looked over to see Bulma approach. She gave you a small smile, before frowning. "I just got another energy signal, but it's weak. Someone could be really hurt."

"There's no time to waste!" Goku hopped to his feet. "Let's go help them out!"

"Sounds good to me man." You agreed, getting to your own feet. "I promise to try to keep it up a little longer if I can."

~

You and the others walked onto the abandoned world championship arena. Having seen some clones head this way. You weren't linked with anyone, yet, but you would at the first sign of danger.

"What's up, Frieza? Are you not gonna turn into that golden form thing?" Goku suddenly asked out of the blue.

"Aren't you supposed to go into that silly blue-haired form of yours?" Frieza snapped back, ignoring your questioning looks.

"I'm not strong enough at the moment. I'm having trouble releasing any power without ______. Maybe with their help, I could reach that form quicker. This is the best I can do for now." Goku answered, gesturing to his normal super saiyan form. The Saiyan sighed. "All that training with Whis was for nothing..."

"Anyways, Lord Beerus is pretty cool with us. I even fought him once when I gained God ki and turned into a super saiyan god. He wasn't using all his power though. But after a while, Vegeta and I started going to his place to train there with his assistant Whis." Goku continued, smiling lightly as he gave a slight laugh.