CHAPTER THREE: A LINK BETWEEN TWO SOULS

You allowed Frieza to take back control as you both watched Nappa regain consciousness. You dropped back into the empty void and frowned, glancing around the barren landscape. It certainly looked endless and you didn't think that walking it to find edges would be a good idea. You began to hear something from the outside and decided to pay attention.

"What the..." That must have been Nappa. He sounded in pain, which you wouldn't blame him. Frieza wasn't at his true potential, but you felt his power course through your veins and you would be thoroughly intimidated if you were on the outside truthfully.

"So, you really aren't another clone and you seem to have some skills, to say the least. But perhaps that's because I went a little easy on you." Frieza hummed, sounding mostly bored.

"Lord Frieza! Is it really you?!" Nappa exclaimed and you could definitely hear the fear in his voice now. Sheesh, you almost forgot that Frieza was a complete and total sociopath.

"Good, so you do know where you stand." Now you could hear the smirk in Frieza's voice. Of course, he was glad to hear he had someone else on his tight leash. It made you a little upset, but the feeling fled when you thought of your current mission. You really wish you were back home eating your food and watching some TV.

"Forgive me, Lord Frieza! I'm Nappa, I work for you! Don't you remember!?" Nappa at this point was begging and you couldn't help but feel some pity... almost. Nappa was never a good guy, but you also suppose he didn't get much of a choice. With a killer breathing down your back, sometimes you have to do things you wouldn't normally do.

"The name does ring a bell..." Frieza pondered, though you knew he was faking it. He acknowledge Nappa earlier, now he was going to give the poor Saiyan a heart attack.

"Don't lie! You're gonna scare him to death playing him like this!" You shouted, frustrated with Frieza's actions.

"Silence!" Frieza hissed under his breath to you.

"I'm sorry, Lord Frieza! It's just that... Your form is different... since the last time I was in your presence." Nappa quickly apologized and defended. Now that you thought about it, Nappa actually hasn't seen Frieza in his true form. You remembered that Frieza had other forms, his true form being the more popularly used one. It did look the coolest, not that you would admit to him about that.

"This must be the first time you've seen my true form then?" Frieza chuckled, though his tone turned icy. "But you still weren't able to recognize your own master, that troubles me."

"No! I am loyal to you, Lord Frieza! I will do your bidding to the exact word!" Nappa announced and you heard him shuffle onto his feet.

"Perhaps I should test you and your "loyalty"? But you seem genuine, so from this moment forth you will serve under me." Frieza slightly threatened. You didn't hear a response, but hearing Frieza's hum of approval, Nappa must have kneeled before him or something.

"We can use all the help we can get with stopping that woman." You called. "Do you think we should tell Nappa about me? He is gonna find out sooner or later."

"You have a good point, before I do though, I suppose I should praise you a little. I heard somewhere that praising underlings gets them more motivated. So, I guess I can say despite being an amateur, I am impressed by how fast you're picking this up." Frieza congratulated. You knew he was saying more because he was stuck with you, but getting a compliment from the alien at all was lucky.

"Thanks, I'm glad I'm not completely blowing it."

"Maybe soon if you can tap into more of my power, we can force that android to tell us some better answers," Frieza added, causing you to facepalm. Of course, just when things were looking good, he wanted to resort to violence against the one guy who's been helping you out.