- Thirteen -

So you mean, Master is not the one who lured you into this?

That doesn't make him a saint. He is still part of Nerves.

That doesn't mean you can kill him. I mean...

Are you by any chance taking a liking for him?

...

Nanon, I swear to god. I will kill him as soon as I get a chance. So please... Don't get attached. If you got into this for me, you may as well get out of this as soon as possible.

Dew's words kept ringing in Nanon's ears as he walked back to where Ohm asked him to meet before he stopped answering his calls.

As he reached the said place he found Ohm sitting in the car calmly waiting for him looking at him plainly.

"I thought you finally eloped." He said getting out of the car and walking towards Nanon.

Nanon looked at the guy in front of him who has got him conflicted since the beginning.

He thought that he was the reason why is brother disappeared. He thought that he must have done something bad to his brother.

But he never could have imagined that his brother was the one who wanted him dead.

Thinking about the way Ohm has indirectly protected him since day one, gave him all the rights to not disclose what he wants, gave him space even when they were in a 'relationship', everything made Nanon feel like his heart would shatter into pieces and he will not be able to join it back ever.

Because it has divided itself. His heart is with his brother and with Ohm both. And this will only end up in him being torn down when it ends.

"Are you ok?" Ohm asked when Nanon did not reply and kept looking at him with moist eyes.

Nanon took a step forwards and wrapped his hand around Ohm. Theo who was waiting outside the car, walked to the other side and turned himself to look in other direction.

"Nanon?" Ohm asked slowly getting his hands up to hold Nanon.

"I may would have said something and meant something else before..." Nanon said tightly squeezing Ohm into his grip. "But what I am saying today is what I mean."

Ohm could understand the difference in his embrace, his tone and his eyes. Today the Nanon he saw was genuine. Like the one who used to talk to him thinking he was Dome. This Nanon is not the fake one who was playing with him.

But what changed?

Ohm mentally took a note of asking Theo to dig into Nanon's whereabouts today to know his exact reason of changing. However, this moment is all he wanted since the first day he laid his eyes on him.

Ohm lightly squeezed Nanon into his arms too. "I am all ears."

Nanon's tears could be felt on Ohm's chest from beneath the wet shirt. But he did not move to make him feel embarrassed.

"I will protect you..."

Just four words, more meaningful than the three he wanted to hear. He wished to have heard this since he was a kid. Nobody ever said this to him. From the day he was born, he was asked to learn that he may die one day and he has to put his best fight before that.

But to hear this, Ohm's shoulders slumped low, like someone relieved all the stress momentarily from his head. He could feel his eyes turn blurry as something chokes his throat and the words struggled to make noise.