Chapter 36 - The danger

Rick's POV

"Yes, I think the same as you." Mario nodded.

"Keep an eye on Vanessa. He will try to reach her again," I resumed, concerned.

"Don't worry. I will take care of her security myself," Mario assured me.

I nodded, feeling slightly relived; Mario was someone who I would trust blindly. He proved his loyalty to me a lot of times.

"You may leave now. Keep me informed," I said firmly. He nodded and left, closing the door behind him.

I breathed deeply and walked towards the window. I rested my hand in my pocket and took sips from my drink, lost in my thoughts. That bastard must be crazy to try to mess up with a Castelli. I looked forward to getting rid of that scumbag Jack.

***

After talking to my father and examining some paperwork, I grabbed my coffee cup and went to the garden, taking a few sips from my coffee.

Once I was outside, I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. Then I rubbed my temple, frowning. My head was pounding. Despite the fact, I took a painkiller about fifteen minutes ago, it didn't pass.

"Anything new?" I asked firmly as Mario approached me.

"We found where he was staying," he informed me.
"Was?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"He disappeared. When Arturo went there with the guys, he wasn't there, but he found some photos in his room."

"Which photos?" I asked, giving him a questioning look.

"Vanessa and your photos. He has been following you two," Mario replied uneasily.

"He was following you two," I repeated mockingly between gritted teeth and took a step towards him while boiling with anger. "Then where the fuck were all of you looking at?" I asked furiously, giving him a death glare.

"Ric... Prince... we will find him," he mumbled uncomfortably. Mario knew me very well; so he was aware of what I was capable of doing when I was furious.

"Rick?"

I took a step away from Mario and gave him an intimidating look as I heard Vanessa's voice coming from behind.

"Keep me informed," I demanded in a bossy tone. Mario nodded and left in quick steps.

I took a deep breath and turned around, facing Vanessa who was walking towards me, resting her hand on her baby bump. I gave her a bright smile and placed my cup on the table before embracing her.

"Is everything okay? Mario looked strange," Vanessa asked worriedly, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Yes, don't worry. And Mario is fine," I replied, giving her a warm smile, and caressed her baby bump tenderly.

"What were you talking about? He almost ran away when I came here."

"You misunderstood, amore mio. I just told him that I was going to visit Domenico's grave tomorrow," I answered and placed a chaste kiss on her lips.

"May I come with you?" she asked hopefully.
I raised my eyebrows in surprise and nodded happily, caressing her cheek affectionately. "Sure, amore mio."

"I am sure that you didn't tell him anything good about me," she commented and sighed sadly.

I chuckled and bit my lower lip, rubbing the back of my neck.  "Umm... Well, I was angry at you, so..." I gave her an uneasy smile and resumed honestly. "But he knew that I still loved you despite the fact I was mad at you."