Chapter 14 - The heir

Rick's POV

It was a disaster. My father had probably seen it. Moreover, now everyone knew I was here. Shit!

"It is a disaster. All my efforts to run away went to the dustbin. Fuck it!" I commented, frustrated.                 

"What? Are you just thinking about yourself and your mysterious fears? From whom are you hiding Rick? It should be me who has to freak out. My father, Jack and his father... My life is going to ruin, but you just think about yourself and afraid of unwanted attention," she shouted as her eyes welled up.

I sighed and gave her an apologetic look. "I am sorry, amore mio," I said regretfully, approaching her, and pulled her into my arms. Firstly, she tried to push me away, but I didn't let her, and I hugged her tightly, placing a soft kiss on her hair. "I... Nevermind! I just don't want our situation to get worse for us," I added sadly, stroking her silky hair, still holding her in my arms.

"What might happen worse than my family, that dumbass Jack and his family trying to separate us? My father knows you, Rick," she asked, puzzled as she pulled back and frowned.

... My father demanding me to go back to Sicily. Or.... the enemies who won't miss the opportunity that I am here alone.

I breathed deeply.  "Yes, you are right," I mumbled and ran my hand through my hair, lost in my thoughts.

After Vanessa had left, I went to work. There was going to be a private party at Stardust; so my boss ordered the employees to come early to prepare everything for the event.

When I left the apartment building, three men in black suits approached me. I remembered one of them; it was Vanessa's father's henchman, Tyler.

"You are coming with us," he demanded firmly and gestured to the other two men to bring me to the black SUV waiting in front of my apartment building.

"Don't touch me," I stated in an authoritative tone, giving them a death glare, and walked towards the car.

I was gritting my teeth in frustration while the driver was driving somewhere I didn't know.

"Get out!" Tyler demanded as the car stopped.

I gritted my teeth angrily and got out of the car. I looked around, trying to find out where they brought me. There was just an abandoned warehouse here.

When they wanted to drag me towards the warehouse, I pulled my arms away, giving them a murderous glare, and went towards the entrance.

"Well, well, well." Vanessa's father, Vincent gave me an arrogant smirk as we approached him. "Who are you Rick Adams?" he asked firmly, placing his hand in his pocket while two armed men were standing behind him.

"Rick Adams as you said yourself," I replied nonchalantly.

Vincent raised his eyebrow. "Don't try to fool me, boy!" he warned me, giving me a death glare. "You don't have any past. Two years ago a man named Rick Adams suddenly appeared. Nothing more. No information about your family, education and so on. Who are you?" he asked in a bossy tone, narrowing his eyebrows.

"Believe me you wouldn't want to know," I answered arrogantly and gave him a cocky look.

His jaw clenched instantly, and he gave me a black look. "How dare you, you fucking bastard!" he exclaimed, approaching me while his men grabbed my arms. "Tell me! Who has sent you to seduce my daughter?" Vincent asked between gritted teeth.

"No one," I replied firmly, looking him in the eyes, showing him that I wasn't afraid of him. "I love Vanessa," I confessed confidently.

He burst out laughing and suddenly punched me in the face.