Chapter 19 - Nightmare

Rick's POV

Once I walked into the Campbell mansion without drawing attention, using the back door, I sent a message to Vanessa, informing her that I wanted to talk to her and I was waiting for him in front of the back door. Today it was her wedding day with that bastard. It was taking place in her parent's mansion. I had to talk to her before she got married to Jack.

When Vanessa told me that she wanted to break up with me because she didn't want to give up on her luxurious lifestyle, I was so angry at her as well as I was disappointed in her. However, after for a while, I got suspicious of her decision after thinking about that day with a clear mind. Especially after seeing her with Jack at Stardust.

She wasn't the same Vanessa who I knew. I could see the sadness and desperation in her eyes. There must be something else to force her to break up with me. I was sure of it.

I had to talk to her and assure her that she shouldn't be afraid of anything. I would do everything to protect her. She could trust me.

I opened a message quickly as my phone buzzed.

'Rick, please leave. If Jack or my father sees you here, you will be in trouble.'

'I won't go anywhere till we talk.'

'There is nothing to talk about. Please leave before someone sees you here.'

'If you don't come here in five minutes, I will come to your room myself.'

'No, Rick. Fine. I am coming.'

I sighed and placed my phone into my pocket.

I was pacing back and forth while waiting for Vanessa. I felt so nervous. I had to convince her to tell me the real reason of our breakup.

"Well, well, well. Look who is here!" I turned around as I heard Jack's voice.

He was resting his hand in his pocket, giving me an arrogant look while there were four armed men beside him.

"Didn't anyone tell you that it is inappropriate to hit on an engaged woman?!" he asked sarcastically, raising his eyebrow.

"Don't act like you are in love with Vanessa. Both of us know why this charade is," I stated confidently.

"It doesn't matter if we love each other or not, Vanessa will be my wife today," he said arrogantly, looking me in the eyes.

"Don't be so sure of it," I commented mockingly.

"Do you still think Vanessa cares about you? You are such a fool." Jack burst out laughing. "If she cared about you, she wouldn't show me these messages," he added, pulling Vanessa's phone out of his pocket, and showed me the messages I sent to Nessa. "She told me you are bothering her and asked me to make you understand that she isn't interested in you."

"I don't believe you. I won't go anywhere before talking to Vanessa," I declared between gritted teeth.

"Vanessa won't come here," he stated firmly.

"What did you do to her?" I asked worriedly, clenching my fist.

"What could I do to my bride?" He gave me a mocking smirk. "But for you, I can't say the same. I will teach you not to mess up with me. I won't let anyone to steal what is mine," Jack added, giving me a devilish smirk.

"What is yours?" I asked mockingly. "Nessa was never yours. And she will never be yours. She loves me, not you. Don't fool yourself," I added confidently and gave him a cocky smirk.

His jaw clenched as he gave me a death glare. "I would gladly show you how she will be happy with me, but I have another plan for you. So unfortunately, you won't see our happy family life," Jack commented wickedly and gestured to his men to catch me.