Chapter 29 - The traitor

Rick's POV

I was looking through the window absently while Mario was driving the car; I was going to meet up with my father and have dinner with my parents. My aunt, Viola and her son were joining us as well.

"I need to tell you something," Mario said uneasily, interrupting my thoughts. I gave him a questioning look. "I saw Rosa talking to Vanessa today."

"What?! What were they talking about?" I asked, confused. "Did she do something bad to Vanessa?" I added worriedly.

"No, and this is the interesting part. Moreover, I saw her giving a glass of milk to Vanessa and she took it. She gave her a paper bag from the restaurant as well. I don't know, but I feel that Rosa is planning something," Mario replied, preoccupied.

"What? She doesn't eat or drink anything you brought to her, but she drank the milk Rosa gave her?!" I mumbled, puzzled.

Mario sighed. "Vanessa thinks you try to poison her."

"What?! Is she out of her mind?!" I snapped angrily, clenching my fist. "If I wanted to kill her, I would have already done it."

"She thinks you want to get rid of the baby because you think it is Jack's baby."

"Even if he is her husband's baby, I am not a devil to kill an innocent baby," I stated in disbelief.

"I know, but she is confused. You act bad towards her; so she is suspicious and wary. But... I think someone put that thought in her head."

"Rosa? Could she go this far? And what will she get from it?" I asked, rubbing my chin, thinking.

"You. She wants you, Ricky. You know very well that she won't give up on you easily," Mario answered and gave me a knowing look.

"I will talk to Rosa." I sighed and leaned my head back, closing my eyes as Mario's phone rang.

"What?! Shit!" Mario exclaimed while talking on the phone.

"What is going on?" I asked Mario, giving him a questioning look, as he hung up the phone.

"Vanessa..."

"What happened to her?" I asked, panicked as my heart started pounding.

"She tried to run away again, but Julio caught them," Mario replied uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck.

"This woman!" I exclaimed, irritated and rolled my eyes.

"Carlo... He is in it too. He helped Rosa to keep in touch with Vanessa," Mario informed me uneasily.

"What?!" I exclaimed in frustration and clenched my fist. "We are going back to the mansion now!" I ordered in an authoratative tone.

"But Don..."

"I will talk to my father on the phone," I cut him off. He nodded and made a U-turn.

***

I rushed towards the garden as soon as I got out of the car. I gave Vanessa a death glare while she was looking at me, frightened.

I gritted my teeth as I saw Rosa giving me an arrogant smirk. I rushed towards her and grabbed her arm.

"Who do you think you are to help Vanessa to run away? You know very well I loathe traitors," I asked between gritted teeth and traveled my gaze from her to Carlo.

"Do you think I will let her stay here and befuddle you again?" she said angrily.

I tightened my grip around her arm, making her groan. "I forbid you to enter my property. Don't come close to Vanessa again. I swear if you repeat it, I will make you pay for it in a torturous way," I warned her, gripping her chin, irritated.